Cruisin Ocean City, Maryland

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Anyone plan on attending this year's event in Ocean City, Maryland, If so what are your plans?

Last year I saw quite a few nice looking Stangs, GT's, Machs, Terminators, old school ect... Saw one vert GT that had pneumatic shocks, car was going up and down next to me, wierd.

The final night, which was Saturday, was so crazy with people racing up and down the streets and cops every were, I just parked the car and watched from atop the parking garage. :burnout:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Bunch of us will be at the carousel on 117th I think. But I"m sure you'll see us all around. Kinda hard to miss a row of 15+ cobras.. :beer: Derek, where you stayin?

BlackVenom03

Established Member
Im suppose to be heading down there....wife is due any day that week! So thats the only hold up! Wouldnt mind meeting up with some other fellow Termies!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
Bunch of us will be at the carousel on 117th I think. But I"m sure you'll see us all around. Kinda hard to miss a row of 15+ cobras.. :beer: Derek, where you stayin?

Not sure yet. My buddy is supppose to be looking into a place for the weekend, Friday and Saturday but he doesn't have an answer from his friend.

I live in Easton so driving to the beach is no big deal it's a 90 minute drive but I still would like to stay the night. Last year I stayed in the Grand Hotel, very expensive, I won't stay there again.

I will be down Friday and Saturday so I'll drive up to the Carousel to look for you guys. I have an Oxford White Mach with black rally stripes down the center, chrome wheels and tinted windows. I'd like to meet you guys and cruise around.

Thanks,

Todd

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
If you want, you can give me a call on either friday or sat night.. 302-293-6208. We'll be down all weekend..

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I stayed there before, real nice place.. Only reason I like carousel so much is because of the parking garage.. I'll see ya down there

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It's so hard not to cut loose and do a little tire burn-out. I think the cops will leave most guys alone as long as they limit their tire squealing. Bring it on I say. The town should designate a street just for this event. This would cut down on the number of hot roders doin burn-outs at every stop sign.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Lets all get together on Saturday and do a little cruise. I say we meet at the Carousel Saturday at 11am then cruise down to the in-let (if we can get there) then back up north OC to Hooters. Any Ideas? Chime in.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
If you have nextel, you should leave your number, and if you don't, go buy yourself some motorola two way walkie talkies and you'll hear all the chatter..

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
If you have nextel, you should leave your number, and if you don't, go buy yourself some motorola two way walkie talkies and you'll hear all the chatter..

I have several motorola two way radios we use for work. I'll bring one down.

2003 Silver

Banned
Man...you guys talking about OC brings back memories! Met my wife down there 16 yrs. ago (even though we went to the same HS and knew of each other).......stayed down on 5th street...The Polynesian (spelling??). Went down for a week straight of boozin' etc. for 4 yrs. in a row.

Have been back only one time since....even though we vacation every summer in Rehobeth. Tuff to go back and see all the hot young 20 somethings running around while I am with my wife and 3 youngbloods!!!!!

Have fun....although, that's a given in OC!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
Man...you guys talking about OC brings back memories! Met my wife down there 16 yrs. ago (even though we went to the same HS and knew of each other).......stayed down on 5th street...The Polynesian (spelling??). Went down for a week straight of boozin' etc. for 4 yrs. in a row.

Have been back only one time since....even though we vacation every summer in Rehobeth. Tuff to go back and see all the hot young 20 somethings running around while I am with my wife and 3 youngbloods!!!!!

Have fun....although, that's a given in OC!

Ocean City has changed quite a bit in the past 20 years, it has grown like crazy. High rise condos going up every where along with the 10,000 restaurants and bars.

Last year the hot rod show was awsome. I couldn't look at another hot rod by weeks end. There are so many awsome cars, 5,000 or so, it would take a whole week to see them all. I went on line and found that this show has become the largest hot rod show on the east coast.

On another note, Ocean City is fun all season long. I would like to by a condo down there and rent it out during the summer months. It would also serve as a place to stay during these events. It's very expensive though.

6 days and counting!!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Anyone get caught up in any unathorized burn out compititions like at the corner of Anthony's Liquors and Coastal Highway? Man I almost got sucked up into doing a burn out thank God I didn't because the cops busted some young dude in a 5.0 who did a 30 sec burn out infront of a whole crowd of people. When he was finished the people were cheering and the smoke was still coming out from his wheel wells. Then a town cop pulls up, gets out of his car, walks over to the kid in the 5.0 and tells him to shut off the engine and get out of the car, UH OH!

I returned 40 minutes later and the cop and the kid were still there. The cops must have written that kid 20 violations.

Sometimes it's just better to park the car and walk around, it keeps you out of trouble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread