Cruise in/Dyno day @ MPE Racing July 31st

Established Member
Dave,
Filter, TB, catback, RWTD tune, irridium plugs. I think it'd go faster if the clutch wasn't fried. Anyhow , I hope to get into the 11s before I leave in August. I'm thinking my new clutch and 3.90s will enable me to improve my 60's enough to get into the 11s. Couldn't break 1.80s with F-1s and slipping clutch. Had to replace bearings in the diff so decided to upgrade to 3.90s, thinking another 10% torque mutiplication should get me there. If not, I'm porting and pullying.
SVTRED,
Not too bad a ride from Saugus, just go through Boston to X-Way south to Rte 3 south exit 16, ~ 30 minutes depending on traffic. Takes about another 20" from the exit because its stop lights every mile or so along Rte 18.
Mike, Dan, and crew from Extreme Clean would make it a full house. Would like to see Bart's Viper lay down #s.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
5500 said:
Dave,
Filter, TB, catback, RWTD tune, irridium plugs. I think it'd go faster if the clutch wasn't fried. Anyhow , I hope to get into the 11s before I leave in August. I'm thinking my new clutch and 3.90s will enable me to improve my 60's enough to get into the 11s. Couldn't break 1.80s with F-1s and slipping clutch. Had to replace bearings in the diff so decided to upgrade to 3.90s, thinking another 10% torque mutiplication should get me there. If not, I'm porting and pullying.
SVTRED,
Not too bad a ride from Saugus, just go through Boston to X-Way south to Rte 3 south exit 16, ~ 30 minutes depending on traffic. Takes about another 20" from the exit because its stop lights every mile or so along Rte 18.
Mike, Dan, and crew from Extreme Clean would make it a full house. Would like to see Bart's Viper lay down #s.

Thats impressive Ed....I hear ya about the slippin clutch and not getting past a 1.8 with the F1's by the end of last year the car did not want to go into third under hard accelleration. It fugin killed my E.T's

Dave

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
looking foward to this, was going to bump it up yesterday.

Yah this should be a good time....Alex from extreme clean is coming with some of his exotic car friends.

I put this on the LS1 board but they took it down, I guess you have to be a sponcer to list a dyno day.....kinda gay if you ask me. :nonono:

Dave

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Bump for this Sunday... So what's the verdict on getting the car dyno'd with DR's? I read a thread the other day saying that MT ET Streets were not good to dyno on... :shrug:

Any thoughts from the crowd?

PS. I should be there Sunday, looks like good weather as well (fingers x'd)

David

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Bump for this Sunday... So what's the verdict on getting the car dyno'd with DR's? I read a thread the other day saying that MT ET Streets were not good to dyno on... :shrug:

Any thoughts from the crowd?

PS. I should be there Sunday, looks like good weather as well (fingers x'd)

David

Whats the downside of running them on the dyno?

Dave

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Davesnake said:
Whats the downside of running them on the dyno?

Dave

They reported like 30 - 50 points down on HP... They swapped out the tires and were back up on power... Again, I have no idea why but this caught my attention. Not sure if it was ET Street DR's or just ET Streets?

David

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I want to head down for this still, have to find a way to wake my ass up in the morning considering it's a little bit of a drive.

Established Member
Dave,
Have the axle, called MPE but they can't gert to it untill next week. I'm debating doing it myself but am not sure I want to do it in my driveway.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
5500 said:
Dave,
Have the axle, called MPE but they can't gert to it untill next week. I'm debating doing it myself but am not sure I want to do it in my driveway.

It would take a couple of hours maybe...Pat Madigan has the service manual if needed, looks pretty straight forward. I am going to try an get my line lock wired...I'm hearing rumours of a burnout contest now. :burnout:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread