Crown Vic Police Interceptor CVPI

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Is anyone aware of the popularity of Crown Victoria Police Interceptors in the civilian market? I have seen several videos and articles of people buying decent examples to mod, daily, or who knows what else.
Does anyone have interest in them, or think sometimes of picking one up before all the good ones are few and far? I highly doubt they will ever be “collector” cars per se, but they are so iconic, for a few reasons, and I am seeing their popularity grow in the car world.
I very recently acquired a nice example with just 15,000 miles on it and it’s being shipped to me as I type this. I don’t really have any plans for it, other than detailing it really good and throwing a cover on it and leave it. For some reason I felt compelled to jump on it to hang onto.
What would you do with a nice, clean example?

jshen

Established Member
All I know is from past experience---these cars will take a hard hit with minimal harm to occupants. For some reason Ford did/would not put more power into it.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I’ve owned 3 and I can tell you yes they are popular in the civilian market, have been for some time. But in the past few years the prices have shot up, especially for any color that isn’t white. You used to be able to find them everywhere for a couple thousand. Not so much anymore. But I don’t baby mine as I don’t think they’ll ever be collector cars per se. But they will retain their value. I daily drive mine and love it. On long trips they get decent mileage and are tanks.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
All I know is from past experience---these cars will take a hard hit with minimal harm to occupants. For some reason Ford did/would not put more power into it.
The motor was so reliable I think that Ford didn’t want to push it. And yes, they are absolutely robust cars.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve owned 3 and I can tell you yes they are popular in the civilian market, have been for some time. But in the past few years the prices have shot up, especially for any color that isn’t white. You used to be able to find them everywhere for a couple thousand. Not so much anymore. But I don’t baby mine as I don’t think they’ll ever be collector cars per se. But they will retain their value. I daily drive mine and love it. On long trips they get decent mileage and are tanks.
Have you done any modifications? I haven’t even really looked into what a tune and whatever else will do to kind of help them move along.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Have you done any modifications? I haven’t even really looked into what a tune and whatever else will do to kind of help them move along.
Not really no. I have a throttle body and plenum to go in but haven’t got around to it yet. It’s pretty much the same as modding a new edge. The above mods with gears, converter and Marty tune and it’ll be a good bit quicker. And if you’re looking for performance parts specifically for the panther platform go to adtr.net. Not cheap but at least there are performance parts. And for a tune Marty and Moesspeed.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really no. I have a throttle body and plenum to go in but haven’t got around to it yet. It’s pretty much the same as modding a new edge. The above mods with gears, converter and Marty tune and it’ll be a good bit quicker. And if you’re looking for performance parts specifically for the panther platform go to adtr.net. Not cheap but at least there are performance parts. And for a tune Marty and Moesspeed.
Good info, thanks

Saleen498

Established Member
I found a silver 2011 with 59k on it for my buddy when he wrecked his Hyundai. I plan to buy it off him maybe 5 years down the road and throw a 7.3 in it. They are very comfortable cars with the handling of a school bus. Timeless design tho

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Like any vehicle I guess, the color can make or break a CVPI for me. The same goes for wheel covers, steel wheels or those small center covers. I always found those cars quite interesting but after being a passenger in one and seeing the massive hood, my opinion changed a bit. A darker version might be alright or even just white but that's all speculation on my part.

BlackStang00

Established Member
05 was a bastard year. It was the first year of drive by wire like the 06+ but it had the 04- analog cluster, but with led backlighting. I’ve read thread of people installing an 06+ cluster in them so you’ll actually have a tach. Not really a big deal but I’d say it’s synonymous with the 2010 gt. Newer exterior and interior without the coyote. Fun fact, the 05 was the only year after I think 92 or 93 to have a fender mounted antenna.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
05 was a bastard year. It was the first year of drive by wire like the 06+ but it had the 04- analog cluster, but with led backlighting. I’ve read thread of people installing an 06+ cluster in them so you’ll actually have a tach. Not really a big deal but I’d say it’s synonymous with the 2010 gt. Newer exterior and interior without the coyote. Fun fact, the 05 was the only year after I think 92 or 93 to have a fender mounted antenna.
So I’ve driven every year from 95 through 2011. I had an 05 brand new at work and the fender antenna was a head scratcher. We all knew the first time a crook got thrown across the trunk that antenna would be snapped.
As far as the cluster, I am good with the analog and I don’t want to change it because it only has 15,000 miles.
I’m used to the cars at work, but haven’t really discovered the civilian lure they apparently have.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
panthers are becoming trendy again, I honestly believe part of it is from years of cleetus mcfarland hyping them up on youtube, now everyone wants a "neighbor" of their own. Hell the normal panther row at Carlisle was packed this year and one of those kids could have been a budget stunt double for Cleetus what with how he dressed and looked.

All I know is, since Marauder prices have shot back up, I get to look down on 2v panther owners again just like the old days. King turd atop shit mountain.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Even the old box panthers have gotten popular. Prices are all over the place though. I’m on Grand Marq net and we laugh at how much some people ask for their cars. This is my fleet. 87 and 90 Grand Marquis, 09 P71 and 14 Taurus police interceptor

And yes I know they’re geezer cars but they’re fun to drive and I get lots of compliments haha
09AF34EC-4A4A-43BA-A220-C89EC8ACDE1A.jpeg
9989C6FC-8977-43B3-B9B9-A9CDCEACAA00.jpeg

35227AEE-8A2E-4EEC-BB7E-E289ABC57849.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread