Crossover delete

cheaneyt

Established Member
Anyone know if there is anything to gain from the crossover delete?

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

cheaneyt

Established Member
I personally did it for appearance wise, it is expensive but worth it if you ever need to replace your alternator.
Does the kit come with a way for the bottom hose to still be ran? The one with the thermostat in it

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the crossover delete kits dont come with anything for the lower part but as mentioned just swap it out with a GT lower hose. I only did it because i had clearance issues with the aftermarket fuel system and procharger stuff

OU812IC

Established Member
This is my 98 Mark VIII with 96-98 cobra intake and Paxton 1500. I pieced the kit together and refused to pay full price at the time for the proper crossover tube. I got crossover delete kit from On3 Performance. You have to grind the hold downs for the fittings to get them to clear. C heads may clear better for the hold downs. The other thing is the AN fittings are of quality but the angles they sent I want different ones.

I used a lower hose from a 96 GT and put a splice connector between the two hoses to make it fit nice and clean.

Obviously I had to do the inline thermostat kit for the upper hose. I ended up doing a dual pass radiator from Northern with dual spaul fans with the inlet and outlet on the driver side. I had clearance issues with the AC line radiator hose and blower inlet that I didn't like on the passenger side. I can beat the snot out of it in 95 degree weather and it will max out at 203 degrees with a 170 stat.

Did the head cooling mod as well. .. have a bunch of pics if anyone cares.

eaf0621286c97d11ac7b5597542b5333.jpg
ee4785196a4f220d0ecfda2526f5575d.jpg

OU812IC

Established Member
This is my 98 Mark VIII with 96-98 cobra intake and Paxton 1500. I pieced the kit together and refused to pay full price at the time for the proper crossover tube. I got crossover delete kit from On3 Performance. You have to grind the hold downs for the fittings to get them to clear. C heads may clear better for the hold downs. The other thing is the AN fittings are of quality but the angles they sent I want different ones.

I used a lower hose from a 96 GT and put a splice connector between the two hoses to make it fit nice and clean.

Obviously I had to do the inline thermostat kit for the upper hose. I ended up doing a dual pass radiator from Northern with dual spaul fans with the inlet and outlet on the driver side. I had clearance issues with the AC line radiator hose and blower inlet that I didn't like on the passenger side. I can beat the snot out of it in 95 degree weather and it will max out at 203 degrees with a 170 stat.

Did the head cooling mod as well. .. have a bunch of pics if anyone cares.

eaf0621286c97d11ac7b5597542b5333.jpg
ee4785196a4f220d0ecfda2526f5575d.jpg

Ignore the discharge tube setup... it didn't work as hoped and changed it to a draw though and recirculating valve. The tuner thought it would be ok with the maf. Well, it wasn't...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cheaneyt

Established Member
Need pics of the lower hose routing . I get the top rad hose has y with an fittings but where does drivers side hose go

OU812IC

Established Member
Need pics of the lower hose routing . I get the top rad hose has y with an fittings but where does drivers side hose go

Remove lower hose and thermostat assembly from radiator, block and crossover tube. Cut the little hose that goes to the degas tank flush at the old lower hose and leave hooked up to the degas tank. Get the lower hose from the 96 GT with the 2v. It will have a little hose for the degas bottle also. Fit to the engine and lower radiator port. The hose for the degas bottle may matchup directly to you bottle. If not find a spot where the two hoses intersect and cut them. Install a 5/8"(?) fitting and 2 hose clamps. Almost like cutting a heater hose and installing a flush tee but you don't want a flush tee right...If I don't point it out no one will ever notice it.

Du

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The kit mentioned uses plumbing/pipe threads that require sealer, the MMR kit uses AN style O ring fittings which are much nicer and never leak. Like most things, there are different price ranges and quality.

Users who are viewing this thread