Create a 2017 "Lightning"...

LightningLou

Established Member
Its nice, but......

cc78e86153c2add91c340d05b3fa996f.jpg

Just saying.

This. My Lightning looks almost identical to that one minus the black wheels and badges. The styling is timeless. That new squarish, bulky looking body is not doing it for me. I give that dealer an A for effort though!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The old lightning is a love-hate type of truck. I like it and look for an L for sale up and down cali.

Every time I see one and I point it out to people im with (gf, brothers, roommate, coworkers) they arent too enthused. Kind of like the SVT Cobra.
Both look dated and you really have to be a fan to love them, because if you arent its just another old car. The C6Z is now at the point too since seeing 3LZ equiped c7zs.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The old lightning is a love-hate type of truck. I like it and look for an L for sale up and down cali.

Every time I see one and I point it out to people im with (gf, brothers, roommate, coworkers) they arent too enthused. Kind of like the SVT Cobra.
Both look dated and you really have to be a fan to love them, because if you arent its just another old car. The C6Z is now at the point too since seeing 3LZ equiped c7zs.

Time for a new gf, brothers, roommate, and coworkers.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wish Ford would bring it back. The trucks are light enough now and gas is cheap, yolo. That dealer optioned one isn't bad, but 45k for a dealer modified regular cab base truck is a lot.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The flareside needs to return too for a Lightning. For the single cab trucks it's that's the "je ne sais quois" that gives a Clean 2nd gen Lightning and a '56 F-100 a timeless look.
It's just most regular cab trucks now are work trucks that need bedspace, and personal ones are all at least extended or crew cabs... which makes a flareside awkward. Sadly I can see why they are not in demand. Toy trucks have to get cheaper or offer much more.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The flareside needs to return too for a Lightning. For the single cab trucks it's that's the "je ne sais quois" that gives a Clean 2nd gen Lightning and a '56 F-100 a timeless look.
It's just most regular cab trucks now are work trucks that need bedspace, and personal ones are all at least extended or crew cabs... which makes a flareside awkward. Sadly I can see why they are not in demand. Toy trucks have to get cheaper or offer much more.

I would think long and hard about a Extended cab/Crew cab "Go-fast" pickup from Ford.
Give me that 5.5' bed, and a 5.0 SC truck or the 3.5 HO TT on some fat tires and a track inspired suspension.
Call it that nickname from the dead Expedition experiment, Thunder.

Can't get worse MPG than the Raptor, so it shouldn't hurt their overall MPG numbers, especially in limited quantities.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This. My Lightning looks almost identical to that one minus the black wheels and badges. The styling is timeless. That new squarish, bulky looking body is not doing it for me. I give that dealer an A for effort though!
As much as I like what the dealer did, it can't capture the timeless styling of the '99-'04 Lightning. The Terminator cannot be re-created for the same reason. Props to the dealership, though, for putting together a nice looking package that looks factory.

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
The flareside needs to return too for a Lightning. For the single cab trucks it's that's the "je ne sais quois" that gives a Clean 2nd gen Lightning and a '56 F-100 a timeless look..

^ This!!! Step side gives the big flared fenders for the proper muscle truck look.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
^ This!!! Step side gives the big flared fenders for the proper muscle truck look.

Agreed. Problem with the new straight line design is it would not flow with the curves / hips of a step side.

Its gonna be tough to recreate.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The problem with reg cab stepside trucks is they look too good. I had an 07 & 08 fx4 reg stepside trucks and miss both of them. They were bad bitches one red and the other was black.

Users who are viewing this thread