Creaking Noise in or around my rear tire

steve04cobra

Established Member
So now I have noticed I have a screaking/creaking noise (like slowly opening an old door in scary movies lol) in or around my rear tire. It only does it when I first turn on the car until i've driven it for awhile, then it goes away....Does anybody have any ideas what this could be?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
quad shocks could possibly be worn and or rear struts

:lol: :shrug: :??:

steve04cobra you weren't very clear about whether the sound is speed dependant/related

but if it is, that is the sound my passenger side wheel bearing was making when it went out. went away after certain speeds and/or heated up

best of luck with it

Jefe

Established Member
Take a screwdriver and wedge it between where the back seat frame is welded to the wheel well. Bend out a little at a time until the squeak is gone.

Anyone have a pic of this?

viper82489

Established Member
Anyone have a pic of this?

yes there is a pic somewhere that shows you exactly what to do. somebody here has it I know, but i dont know who.

If you take the trunk trim out on the pass side im sure you will see it. its where the back seat support goes over the wheel well, just stick a big screw driver in there and pry them apart.

Edit: found this pics at the bottom of page one and a couple more on page 2
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20961&highlight=rear+end+pop
these aren't the pics i was talking about but they will do

Last edited:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
It's deadly obvious, it's welded the entire way up except for the very top where it flattens out. Just take and pry up where it's not welded on the top and you're set. I could even see tiny scratch marks on my fender well where it had been rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread