CRAZY Drag Wreck

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Edit: nsfw, language lol
[youtube_browser]Uud7rcwhI5U[/youtube_browser]

So many things wrong with this video. :nonono: That guy better go buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Wooow, why either cars stayed in it that long. Well the one guy didn't stay completely in it, har har. Lucky he didn't get crushed.
Did that car seriously only have a lap belt??

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
How the hell did they let him out there?

This was a no prep event, to simulate street racing and give people a legal place to do it. Tech rules are personal choice, come with whatever you see as acceptable risk. I'm sure people's minds there have changed a bit on what is an acceptable risk after this.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Looked like a beautiful car, I saw somewhere that they were in fact lap style seat belts and they were buckled, but apparently were ripped from the floor during the crash.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If I were still an EMT I can guarantee you he would have been boarded braced and taken straight to the ER for evaluation. I'm glad he walked away unscathed.

Kiohtee

Established Member
This was a no prep event, to simulate street racing and give people a legal place to do it. Tech rules are personal choice, come with whatever you see as acceptable risk. I'm sure people's minds there have changed a bit on what is an acceptable risk after this.

I can't even wrap my head around why someone would wanna participate in such an event to begin with. Especially with cars as radical as these.

It's hard to feel sympathy for him really.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow. He was definitely very fortunate to have walked away after hanging out the windshield like that. A very nice looking '55 Chevy up until the crash.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
This might've been one of those very rare occasions where he was better off not strapped in or that the straps broke, rather then being locked in.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I can't even wrap my head around why someone would wanna participate in such an event to begin with. Especially with cars as radical as these.

Why? Its a "legal street race". The same thing could have happened on the street just driving. Or on the track. The driver is a seasoned racer.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
This is from the crew.

"Our statement regarding the Colorado Street Outlaws crash at Pikes Peak International Raceway yesterday.

(Sept. 21, 2014) Fountain, CO -- Drag racer Kelly Harvey walked away with only minor injuries yesterday after his 1955 Chevy took several rolls during the Colorado Street Outlaws Drag Racing Event at Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR).

The racing style seat belts worn by the driver failed during the crash. "My seat belts were not mounted properly and pulled through the floor of the car," Harvey said. "I'm grateful to the staff and safety crew at PPIR for such a rapid response to my situation," he said.

Fortunately, Harvey was able to climb from of the car on his own and walk away.

"PPIR sets standards for all its events to keep drivers, crew, and spectators safe," said PPIR General Manager Bob Boileau. "However, it is the responsibility of the car owner, driver and crews to be sure their vehicles are prepared to take to the track. We're glad there were no serious injuries" he said.
# # #"

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

That s quite the hard ass reply. Does it look like a top fuel car to you or something? It's just a little street car, runs mid elevens. Not like firing an 8 second car down the same track, which by the way, plenty of people have done.

Armchair quarterbacks galore, must be the internet.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
It looks like maybe he flinched thinking the other guy was about to come into his lane. I'm thinking he over reacted and that's what got the car all out of shape. Hard to tell...

Users who are viewing this thread