Crappy tires you have bought

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
No matter how easily I drive and religiously do the tire rotations I have never been able to do it. The factory tires are a dunlop sport maxx rt and while there isn't a treadwear guarantee, at 9k miles (when a different brand was purchased) the tread is absolutely embarrassing.
I have the same factory tire on my 21 wrx. Right now I'm at 20k but looking to get new tires for a different wheel setup. I've done the rotations and so far they are okay nothing I would buy myself for $375 each. I'll keep them on the stock wheels so I can put them back on when I sell it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Interesting website. Couldn't find a publish date on it, so I don't know how valid or current the info is:

That's interesting seeing the subsidiaries of the major brand names.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the same factory tire on my 21 wrx. Right now I'm at 20k but looking to get new tires for a different wheel setup. I've done the rotations and so far they are okay nothing I would buy myself for $375 each. I'll keep them on the stock wheels so I can put them back on when I sell it.
Junk IMO. The quality surprises me as I thought Dunlop was a good tire.

Now I am unaware if you measure tire thread down the center the same as on the sides but I don't know if mine would have passed inspection and for the price I wouldn't use it again. I bought a cheaper priced tire that I've had great luck in the past and it has always held up well.

01yellercobra

Established Member
An even better question:

Has anyone ever gotten the manufacturers rating in terms of mileage out of any tire even with rotation and normal driving?
The Cooper AT3's I had on my truck were rated for 60k. I got 61k on my last set and they weren't at the wear bars. But one of them started to separate at the end. I went with another set this time around.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting website. Couldn't find a publish date on it, so I don't know how valid or current the info is:

Might be older than 2021 as Cooper tire was bought by Goodyear in ~June of 21.

robvas

Established Member
I have the latest Sumitomos on the front of my car (can't do the rear because whipple) and they seem just fine.

HTR Z5 in 275/40-17

They aren't Pilot Sports but they were only like $120 each.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
A bit off topic, but what I don’t understand is these truck guys that buy high end forged wheels and throw these Chinese tires on them. You spend thousands on wheels and cheap out on tires. Unless Toyo, Nitto etc don’t make those rubber band tires.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
A bit off topic, but what I don’t understand is these truck guys that buy high end forged wheels and throw these Chinese tires on them. You spend thousands on wheels and cheap out on tires. Unless Toyo, Nitto etc don’t make those rubber band tires.

they get cheap tires because they blew thousands on wheels. I'm sure some people also think "tire is tire"

robvas

Established Member
I hate seeing used wheels on marketplace, decent wheels but they have newish Ling Feng tires on them.

Then they want every bit of money they spent back

BRAND NEW TIRES ON THESE NO LOWBALLING

Users who are viewing this thread