Crappy ex-roommate. Need some advice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A sad lesson. Many lease arrangements like this work out fine for both parties, but all too often there's a falling out like this one. It's too bad that some people have no conscience and will basically screw a friend and walk away on a debt. But I wouldn't let him totally off the hook. That's likely what he is expecting. I would still file a small claim in court. Don't make it easy for him to walk away. If you know anyone who is an attorney, ask them a few questions about your situation. I'm really sorry you have to go through this.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
damn ross that sux. you will have to go after your ex roomy in small claims most likely. i had an ex gf do that to me. came home one day 3 hours early from work and she had the neighbor from downstairs ( a brotha ) in a compromising position on our bed...so i moved out. made several attempts to meet her at our leasing office to put it in her name only and she never showed...she stayed there 3 months until they evicted her. i couldnt afford to pay rent at 2 places.

the guy i live with now gets on my last nerve and im about ready to leave or him leave. he never buys his own food, he eats mine and always says "ill get you back man" but never does. he uses everything of mine....its at the point where i have to hide food and drinks, shampoo, soap, deoderant...he wont buy for himself...he'll ask me..when are you going to the grocery store again...but wont offer me any money...so i stopped going altogether. i am forcing him to buy shit for himself. i just eat when i go out. on top of this, he lets his bank go into the negative a lot ansd asks me to bail him. lately i have lied to him and told him i just dont have it to lend. he never pays it back anyway.

i hate living with someone....i dont make the money i used to so i kinda dont have a choice. i could do it alone...but would be so broker than i am now.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
take care of it and go to court after, ask for pain and suffering....

no but seriously your credit is soo important. my wife makes a lot more than i do but my credit outweighs hers. when we applied for a house we learned her credit wasn't worth dick, they approved me but not for the amount we wanted, so we had to let go of the house we loved. this year we plan to fix her credit and try again. shitty lesson to be learned to it happens. wife said " i had no idea it would affect us that much, hell i was 19".......take care of it man.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Jeff I'll take you up on that offer but you have to find out where he lives. Can we dress like Dog the bounty hunter?

txyaloo

Established Member
Jeff I'll take you up on that offer but you have to find out where he lives. Can we dress like Dog the bounty hunter?

Only if you play Beth. You have to have an accurate costume, too.

Do you not know where he lives now?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member

I've always imagined that Jeff dressed like that all the time. Are you saying he doesn't?

RedFord96

Established Member
This kind of situation is why I'm glad that my crappy apartment at least had separate leases.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
It was an attempt at A funny. You know I do not condone violence.

Unless the amount of money is quite large, you should pay this down.

I know, but I would really enjoy beating his ass. A part of me kind of feels bad for him cause he's now married to a girl who treated him like a bitch, already has a 7 year old, and straight up told him "I want to have another kid and be married within the next year so I'm not too old". I actually witnessed that, and I think it speaks for itself. Not to mention I heard thru the grapevine he got fired from his job shortly after he bailed on me because he treated other employees like he was their boss..?

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
You have one of two options...

1. do what was listed in the first post which is the "smartest" option you have. Pay off whatever you / him owe, collect all receipts and proceed to court. He will have a judgment against him, most likely will take a while for you to collect your funds but it's the best you can do.

2. Call his parents or whomever you want and call that punk out. Get drunk and make stupid decisions LOL. best of luck...

Users who are viewing this thread