Cranked up the badass.....TVS/Forgestar/325s

cjgt500

Established Member
Great..for those considering 325's including me would you say the tire would still clear the fender if on the bump stops? A picture such as the one attached would demonstrate this if you would not mind. Thanks in advance!!

Car looks awesome BTW!

pan.gif

Bump for measurements?

DutyCalls

Established Member
Great..for those considering 325's including me would you say the tire would still clear the fender if on the bump stops? A picture such as the one attached would demonstrate this if you would not mind. Thanks in advance!!

Car looks awesome BTW!

pan.gif

The rope test wouldn't work in my scenario....because the tires stick out.

I tried to take a pic best showing the gap and holding the wood steady at the same time

DSC_0508.jpg

official verdict is they stick out between 1/8" to 3/16ths...which is barely anything, but out never the less.

I measured down from the fender to where the tire would theoretically hit it, and I have 2 3/8th gap with my ford racing L springs.

If I would of had 1/4" more backspacing, it would be perfect, as there is lots of clearance between the back of the tire and the shock dust cover

mgmustang1

Established Member
Awesome, car looks great, must move like a motha now! I have my TVS sitting in the basement. No tune from Jon Lund anytime soon.

DutyCalls

Established Member
How is the ride comfort, noise and traction with the Dunlops.

They seem to ride very good. I didn't notice any tire noise on the hiway...and I have stock exhaust, so I would be able to hear it.

Unfortunately, I got to try them in the rain, and they did fine..no hydroplaning, but I wasn't driving like a maniac either.

I haven't done any hard launches yet, but they do start spinning mid second with a aggressive roll on. I Imagine the TVS would just roast the stock tires off.

Users who are viewing this thread