Cranked up the badass.....TVS/Forgestar/325s

DutyCalls

Established Member
I am finally getting around to posting some pics of my latest mods.

Lets start with the easy one....TVS install.

I picked up a new TVS with a 2.8 pulley. The swap was so easy and straight forward, the hardest part was loosening the serp belt tensioner. Because of this, I didn't take many pics of the swap.

Here is the difference between the two blower openings
DSC_0434.jpg

And here is a pic of it installed, with my L&M 72mm tb/plenum, JLT and airaid filter.
DSC_0437.jpg

I uploaded a custom tune from Torq, but will have it checked on the dyno soon. The car runs good though and pulls hard.

Forgestar F14s and 325s/255s

I picked up a set of Forgestar F14s with a 20x9 front, 20x11 rear wheel, finished in matte gunmetal. I have seen lots of mustangs with these wheels, so I knew they would fit good, but I have never seen this finish. Most of the guys are running a 305 wide tire, but I wanted to push the limits a bit and went with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 325/30R20 rear tires. I have seen 325s fit on a GT500 with a 12" rim, and 11" is the minimum size Dunlop recommended...so I thought i'd roll the dice and see if it worked out...I think it did.

Heres a pic of the stock 285 on a 9.5 rim beside the 325 on a 11 rim
DSC_0477.jpg

Before I got them mounted, I wanted to weigh them. I new the Forgestars were light, but the new rims and tires were going to be alot lighter than stock. I was very surprised to find the new combo weighed EXACTLY THE SAME as the stock rear set up. In fact, the fronts with 255/35R20s were 3 pounds lighter than the front.

To mount these wheels, you need to buy tuner nuts. The front studs were really long, and started pushing out the allen key as I tightened them down so I had to trim a little bit of the stud down...I did not touch any of the threads, just the nub on the end of the stud. I was nervous when I went to mount the rears, but the fit on no problem. I had lots of clearance between the shock dust cover and the tire, and did not rub anywhere else. The outer edge of the tire is flush with the fender. I have been driving on them for 3 days now and have not rubbed anywhere, and our roads are not smooth.

I'm sure you just want to see the pics now so here they are. the finish seems to change color in different sunlight, so I tried to capture some pics in different lighting conditions.

DSCN7699.jpg

DSCN7700.jpg

DSCN7701.jpg

DSCN7702.jpg

DSCN7703.jpg

DSCN7704.jpg

DSCN7705.jpg

DSCN7706.jpg

DSCN7707.jpg

DSCN7726.jpg

DSCN7728.jpg

DSCN7729.jpg

DSCN7734.jpg

DSCN7735.jpg

and, yes, I know....front plate

cjgt500

Established Member
Is your car lowered? If not do you think they will rub if it was lowered? It looks flush but so much so that it would hit the fender if lowered further. Tough to tell though with the picture angle.

cjgt500

Established Member
yes, I forgot to mention I have ford racing springs

Great..for those considering 325's including me would you say the tire would still clear the fender if on the bump stops? A picture such as the one attached would demonstrate this if you would not mind. Thanks in advance!!

Car looks awesome BTW!

pan.gif

enormous

Established Member
After you get some miles on those Dunlops I would like to here your driving impression on them,- example, highway road noise, comfort and traction. I have been eying the same 255/325 Dunlop combo.
Thanks

DutyCalls

Established Member
Great..for those considering 325's including me would you say the tire would still clear the fender if on the bump stops? A picture such as the one attached would demonstrate this if you would not mind. Thanks in advance!!

Car looks awesome BTW!

I will try to get some measurements this week

After you get some miles on those Dunlops I would like to here your driving impression on them,- example, highway road noise, comfort and traction. I have been eying the same 255/325 Dunlop combo.
Thanks

I can do that...where in ontario do you live?

AllenC

Established Member
I am finally getting around to posting some pics of my latest mods.

Lets start with the easy one....TVS install.

I picked up a new TVS with a 2.8 pulley. The swap was so easy and straight forward, the hardest part was loosening the serp belt tensioner. Because of this, I didn't take many pics of the swap.

Here is the difference between the two blower openings
DSC_0434.jpg

And here is a pic of it installed, with my L&M 72mm tb/plenum, JLT and airaid filter.
DSC_0437.jpg

I uploaded a custom tune from Torq, but will have it checked on the dyno soon. The car runs good though and pulls hard.

Forgestar F14s and 325s/255s

I picked up a set of Forgestar F14s with a 20x9 front, 20x11 rear wheel, finished in matte gunmetal. I have seen lots of mustangs with these wheels, so I knew they would fit good, but I have never seen this finish. Most of the guys are running a 305 wide tire, but I wanted to push the limits a bit and went with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 325/30R20 rear tires. I have seen 325s fit on a GT500 with a 12" rim, and 11" is the minimum size Dunlop recommended...so I thought i'd roll the dice and see if it worked out...I think it did.

Heres a pic of the stock 285 on a 9.5 rim beside the 325 on a 11 rim
DSC_0477.jpg

Before I got them mounted, I wanted to weigh them. I new the Forgestars were light, but the new rims and tires were going to be alot lighter than stock. I was very surprised to find the new combo weighed EXACTLY THE SAME as the stock rear set up. In fact, the fronts with 255/35R20s were 3 pounds lighter than the front.

To mount these wheels, you need to buy tuner nuts. The front studs were really long, and started pushing out the allen key as I tightened them down so I had to trim a little bit of the stud down...I did not touch any of the threads, just the nub on the end of the stud. I was nervous when I went to mount the rears, but the fit on no problem. I had lots of clearance between the shock dust cover and the tire, and did not rub anywhere else. The outer edge of the tire is flush with the fender. I have been driving on them for 3 days now and have not rubbed anywhere, and our roads are not smooth.

I'm sure you just want to see the pics now so here they are. the finish seems to change color in different sunlight, so I tried to capture some pics in different lighting conditions.

DSCN7699.jpg

DSCN7700.jpg

DSCN7701.jpg

DSCN7702.jpg

DSCN7703.jpg

DSCN7704.jpg

DSCN7705.jpg

DSCN7706.jpg

DSCN7707.jpg

DSCN7726.jpg

DSCN7728.jpg

DSCN7729.jpg