Crank pulley…

Boosted08

Established Member
IMG_8852.jpeg
Has anyone seen a pulley setup like this. Car is a 96 cobra with 32k on it. It does not appear to have ever had a blower on it and none of the blowers I see used a pulley like this.

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8854.jpeg
    IMG_8854.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 21

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's a stock crank pulley. Whether or not it had a blower at some point wouldn't matter.

Unless you're talking about the allen bolts. Which my guess would be someone ran one of those add on underdrive kits and took it off at some point.

Boosted08

Established Member
Look closer, there are two pulleys, the one for the serpentine belt and an extra not being used. I’m assuming it’s not stock. Anyone else have a have a crank pulley on a 96 that looks like this?

96dreamer

Established Member
That's a cheap non dampened underdrive pulley that uses the factory pulley bolted to it for harmonic dampening. I would remove and run a March 1158 if you want to keep it under driven

01yellercobra

Established Member
I missed the second pic somehow.

That's a cheap non dampened underdrive pulley that uses the factory pulley bolted to it for harmonic dampening. I would remove and run a March 1158 if you want to keep it under driven
This. I'd get rid of it personally. I remember those not having a good track record back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread