Craiglist Scams

SCMOKN

Established Member
This is ridiculous. 2 different one in a week.

1st one.
Hello,

I apologize for the delay in replying. My name is Lakisha Jones and now I am the owner of the 1998 Ford Ranger. It is a XLT model with automatic transmission, has only 46,418 miles and a 6 Cylinder 4.0L engine. This truck runs like it should, and have no mechanical problems.
I have to let you know that I want a fast deal and I have decided to sell for $1653 which include delivery at your home address. This was my husband truck but unfortunately passed away 6 month ago and the truck brings me bad memories. That's the reason I want to sell it. The truck was never driven, since he died and was stored properly. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

Here is some pics with the truck: Check out my photos!

God bless you,
Lakisha

Hi again,
First of all, I will like to tell you that right now I'm in Kandahar, Afghanistan with my medical team for one year. The truck is located in Seattle, WA at the Amazon warehouse number 31, headquarters in the container, sealed and ready for shipping. The shipping is already paid so you don't need to worry. I had an buyer in your state who couldn't take the loan from his bank after we made arrangements to ship the car and the company won't refund me so I can deliver it to your address if you buy it.
The transaction will close only through Amazon Payments so we both will be protected. I want Amazon because as they are the biggest company on the internet and I think that we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. The whole shipping process will take 2-3 days and you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery. It will come with a clear title and reg. Once you have inspected the truck and decided to keep it, you will confirm your decision to Amazon and only then they will re-route the money in to my account.
If interested just email with your legal name (for the bill of sale) address where you want the truck delivered and phone # where you can be reached. Then you will be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.
God bless you,
Lakisha

2nd one.

Hi Jenny,

Do you still have the Ranger for sale? Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder, automatic or stick? Where is it located?
David Anderson

Hi,

My 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Off Road 4.0L V6 automatic transmission is in great shape.It was always garaged and never smoked in. Never been damaged. It has no scratches, dents or something like that. No mechanical or electrical problems, no accidents. Clean title in hand. It does not need anything additional to function, has only 55,600 miles.I'm selling it at this price because it was the truck of my son who passed away 2 months ago...The last price is $2400.I want to sell it fast,so if you have the money ready to buy it email me back.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Jenny Ward

To: "jenny ward" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, Octo

I would like to come see it. Where is it located?

David Anderson

Hi again,

I decided to explain you how the transaction works in a single mail ,so read this email carefully in order for you to understand the transaction.

We will use only Yahoo Autos to close the transaction.The truck is in Yahoo Autos custody at their shipping company sealed with all the papers(title signed by me, ownership, insurance papers etc) in St. Louis MO . The shipping is free because i supposed to ship the truck to another buyer, then he told me that he doesn't have money to pay for it. He already paid the shipping charges.The payment will be handled by Yahoo Autos and they will keep the money on hold until the end of the testing period.This way we can both be protected and insured.You will receive the truck in maximum 48 hours and you will have the chance to inspect it for 7 days.During the inspection period you can test the truck or go with it at your local mechanic for inspection .The truck will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as Yahoo Autos will have the payment confirmation from you. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship the truck back on my expense.Email me your full name and full shipping address so I can notify Yahoo Autos that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you .
Thanks

To: "jenny ward" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 9:27:31 AM
Subject: Re: Ranger

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Just erase them and go on your way.

If you worry and get upset about all the scammin that you will encounter on craigslist you will not have any time left for the important things in life.

I would list them here but I don't want to piss Barry off.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Believe it or not, but I've seen people scammed by these...or nearly so. One older lady was attempting to transfer funds at the local Hy-Vee to her boyfriend in Nigeria. She looked like she may have had an intellectual disorder (based upon her clothing and actions). The clerk was prodding the lady for information and the lady said it was fine because she had been talking to the guy on webcam for a few months. The lady said they weren't allowed to process the transaction.

I would assume most normal people who would know better, but there are unfortunately several out there who by means mental disability or intellectual disorders would not think twice about missing out in such a great deal.

Posted via Topify using Android

MysticRob

Established Member
Why you no proceed with sells? I humbly await your moneys in my accounts, and Gawd blessed you.

Lakisha Jenny Ward Jones

I helpfully suggest you wipe your email addy from your post before you get signed up on every bot list in world.

SCMOKN

Established Member
Just erase them and go on your way.

If you worry and get upset about all the scammin that you will encounter on craigslist you will not have any time left for the important things in life.

I would list them here but I don't want to piss Barry off.

I'm not worried or upset! I find it humorous and thought i'd share.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Be careful using craigslist. A student who went to the Law School in Charleston was murdered last week by two thugs when he tried selling his truck on Craigslist.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
send them to the FBI or lets play the SVTP finds the scammers and has some fun game?

FBI internet crime complaint center....Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

I've done that twice with scammers. :lol1:

It's hard to believe that people actually fall for this stuff but they do, every day. A giveaway price is something that many desperate people cannot avoid. Sad and angering at the same time. My elderly mom in Florida has gotten scammed (lottery scams) countless times (small dollar amounts), even though my brother and I have warned her dozens of times. Again, it is mind boggling that some people not only fall victim to these scams, but in some cases actually become addicted to them. :shrug:

HandBanana

Established Member
Hahaha. I LOVE these. I've had friends who have fallen prey to this stuff before, sad. One of my favorite Nigerian princess ones was a built Supra I found for like $5k. It was listed in PA but it ended up being in Prague supposedly with "all shipping costs prepaid". He actually had the audacity to ask for my CC info to hold a deposit on it in order to ship the car. How dumb do you have to be to buy that a shipping company will just ship something that big anywhere in the world for one rate????

I had a local Craigslist scam recently, not really a scam as it was misrepresentation. The guy was selling a 2000 Saturn SL2 for $1500 with "110k miles, AMAZING condition". The guy told me if I saw the car in person, I was gonna go home with it, its that good. Met the guy at a DD parking lot in the early morn and then he and his little thuggish friend told me the car is up the road at their church. I was packing and I thought, "hey what the heck, I can shoot these two before I go into work if I need to."

Well the car turned out a little rough. HUGE crack in windshield, tattered interior, engine bay was God awful and the motor was ticking like crazy. The best part was when I fired it up the odometer came up as 277k!!!! I asked him where he got the 110k mile figure and he just stared at the ground for awhile before calling someone who knew someone who had a car one time and feeding me a line about a "newer motor" that had been dropped in. I told him I'd let him know, he texted me immediately and said he'd take $1000 for it. I texted back $100.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I had very similar responses when I tried to buy a boat at the end of summer. Buyer sent pictures and it was perfect and ready to pick up. When I try to work out a time, they all the sudden had moved halfway across the country and the boat was sitting in a container ready to be shipped... So I deleted that and moved on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When the CL ad says that the vehicle is stored in a warehouse, ready to be shipped, STAY AWAY. That is one of the common threads in these scams. They're "stored in a warehouse" meaning you cannot inspect the vehicle. Oh, but the sellers will allow you time to inspect the vehicle upon delivery and get a refund if you're not satisfied. Yeah, right! :lol1: :nonono:

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Man I hate scammers. When they contact me for my best price I always ask for naked pics of their mom and sister... together.

I had someone named Jafir call me the other day to tell me I had a problem with windows. Asked them how the eff they could know that I have a Mac. Then I get as many swear words in till they hang up.

Users who are viewing this thread