Cracked Windshield

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
believe me I know, but I needed the windshield so I ate the cost
well for one, USAA doesn't give a crap about you or your service, Safelite does the claims for USAA so "knocking the price down" is unbelievable.. also, someone doing a 5th or 6th gen Camaro windshield for $225 is clearly a hack.. What planet are they on, given what you said is true, that they would do a job that costs more than $200 for $225? For example if it's a 5th gen camaro with HUD and Remote start, the windshield costs me between $250-290. USAA will pay me more than $600 to change it. It clearly doesn't make any sense business wise or common sense wise to do what you said they did

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
5th gen Camaro with HUD and remote start and it was done at Safelite. OEM glass was used too. I can see if I still have the receipt to prove my truthfulness.

@Russo

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
well for one, USAA doesn't give a crap about you or your service, Safelite does the claims for USAA so "knocking the price down" is unbelievable.. also, someone doing a 5th or 6th gen Camaro windshield for $225 is clearly a hack.. What planet are they on, given what you said is true, that they would do a job that costs more than $200 for $225? For example if it's a 5th gen camaro with HUD and Remote start, the windshield costs me between $250-290. USAA will pay me more than $600 to change it. It clearly doesn't make any sense business wise or common sense wise to do what you said they did

What does USAA giving a crap about me or my military service have to do with anything?

edit heres a copy of the receipt smartass

EA614640-57B3-48E4-9156-63B4259F6F5B.jpeg

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
clearly that Safelite branch manager doesn't give a crap about numbers.. because i would have given you $50 cash to make the claim or thrown in some free wipers.. the comment about your service was because these insurance companies only look at you as a number, it's not a personal relationship as the commercial tends to sell it as..

Users who are viewing this thread