Cracked Windshield

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What the absolute @&$%!!!

I go out this morning and I have a half moon crack on my windshield.

No sign of a stone strike.

Is this something I can get under warranty.

Pissed and shocked.

IMG_20201025_105019.jpeg
Screenshot_20201025-105009.jpeg
IMG_20201025_104856.jpeg
IMG_20201025_104833.jpeg

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like someone may have tried to pull the rear view mirror down and cracked the windshield. I highly doubt that would be covered unless you are in the 12/12 period.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't comprehensive cover glass with no deductible?
I found out the hard way that it depends on the state. In AZ windshields cracking is fairly common and it falls under comp ins with no deductible. TX on the other hand, when I called my ins co to get one replaced they lol'ed and wanted a deductible.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I found out the hard way that it depends on the state. In AZ windshields cracking is fairly common and it falls under comp ins with no deductible. TX on the other hand, when I called my ins co to get one replaced they lol'ed and wanted a deductible.

replaced my windshield and USAA got them to knock the price down to right below my deductible. It was a 600$ windshield for the HUD in my Camaro and I paid 225$ for it. 250$ deductible

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Doesn't comprehensive cover glass with no deductible?
Many companies in states where it isn't covered under comp (with no ded) now offer glass coverage with either a $0 or $50 deductible.

Glass coverage typically covers all windows and in many cases both headlights and tail lights.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Many companies in states where it isn't covered under comp (with no ded) now offer glass coverage with either a $0 or $50 deductible.

Glass coverage typically covers all windows and in many cases both headlights and tail lights.

This.

If comprehensive doesn't cover it in your state, call your insurance and add glass coverage. Wait a week or 2, then put the claim in.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I've had insurance companies, in the past, that wanted to see the vehicle in person, prior to any comprehensive/extra damage riders added. Just sayin...
This.

If comprehensive doesn't cover it in your state, call your insurance and add glass coverage. Wait a week or 2, then put the claim in.

T.Man

Established Member
Pretty sure OP is in AZ. Comprehensive coverage should take care of it. Hell, they pay you to replace the stuff... Haha

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

I'm in AZ. My DD windshield was replaced a few months ago. I called the insurance company, they sent someone to the house to replace it and it didn't cost me any time or money. Also, there is no hit to the policy for glass claims.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in AZ. My DD windshield was replaced a few months ago. I called the insurance company, they sent someone to the house to replace it and it didn't cost me any time or money. Also, there is no hit to the policy for glass claims.
OEM glass?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
No. It is an exact match, though; which was a concern for me. I sent pictures of the windshield to the repair company, so they could get the right one.

I have the choice to get it fixed anywhere I choose. I could have taken it to the dealer for a factory replacement, but the time and effort wasn't worth it to me.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
OEM glass?

If you request it, they will often do it.
I know my brother in law has a f250 Harley Davidson with the special windshield, and they replaced it. Same with my old 97 GT back in the day after I requested OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread