CPR Turbo Install

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
its worth the wait trus me! Wait till u see how efficient the intercooler is, it will blow ur mind! It will make that Paxton seem foolish!

jeffs

Established Member
its worth the wait trus me! Wait till u see how efficient the intercooler is, it will blow ur mind! It will make that Paxton seem foolish!
I'm excited just knowing it'll be turboed within a year hopefully! My Paxton's on about 9-10psi through a waste-gate, do you think the turbo on just the waste-gate spring will out-perform the Paxton as far as track times / whp? I plan on getting a nice controller, and tighter stall, but would like to maybe see how it does out of the box before-hand

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Make sure u get it tuned before u do anything.

Yea id say ur gonna have to tighten that converter up to about 3200-3300. The Turbo doesn't need all that stall cause that Turbo comes on freakn quick!

Not sure what watergate would work for u depends on spring used but no more then probably 10 psi on the stock motor which should yield u close to 725 whp on a Dynojet and probably 660 or so on a Mustang Dyno but far more TQ then ur Paxton will make. Its brutal! It comes on fast!

Get the Leash BC its cheap and works well.

I was at like 3600-3700 rpm's and it just wasn't working out well on the street and I was blowing the tire off so I went to a lower stall and it worked out better for sure and came on a lot quicker. Ud be surprised how low some of these stalls are on some very fast cars. Not quite apples to apples of course but thats a must imo.

Circle D is the only place I would use for a converter.

I'm excited just knowing it'll be turboed within a year hopefully! My Paxton's on about 9-10psi through a waste-gate, do you think the turbo on just the waste-gate spring will out-perform the Paxton as far as track times / whp? I plan on getting a nice controller, and tighter stall, but would like to maybe see how it does out of the box before-hand

jeffs

Established Member
Make sure u get it tuned before u do anything.

Yea id say ur gonna have to tighten that converter up to about 3200-3300. The Turbo doesn't need all that stall cause that Turbo comes on freakn quick!

Not sure what watergate would work for u depends on spring used but no more then probably 10 psi on the stock motor which should yield u close to 725 whp on a Dynojet and probably 660 or so on a Mustang Dyno but far more TQ then ur Paxton will make. Its brutal! It comes on fast!

Get the Leash BC its cheap and works well.

I was at like 3600-3700 rpm's and it just wasn't working out well on the street and I was blowing the tire off so I went to a lower stall and it worked out better for sure and came on a lot quicker. Ud be surprised how low some of these stalls are on some very fast cars. Not quite apples to apples of course but thats a must imo.

Circle D is the only place I would use for a converter.
Yeah, I've already talked to the circle d people about what I'm going to do, and what I'll be going with. I was also considering an E boost 2, or possibly boost leash to get around 10psi out of the deal, tuner's already figured out too.

ford ave

Established Member
I wouldn't hold my breath, I did and almost crooked, at least a year, but hopefully he's knocking them out faster

Overall it's a great kit
But I don't regret the route I took
I have built several cars and learned the hard way it's always good to deal with a well established business, not trying to knock on Dustin I hope 1 day he's just as big

robrbn

Established Member
As someone who did wait almost a year to receive everything for my kit... I won't deny that the fit and finish is top notch. I've worked on a lot of cars and it's not too frequent that aftermarket parts fit like OEM. Installing Dustin's kit was actually a treat cause everything just fell into place so well. Even without any installation instructions, I shot him a few texts when I had a question about bolts or where anything went and he was quick to confirm what I was already thinking.

With that said... if I had to do it all over again and knew that it was going to be a full year before I received my kit - I would have gone a different route, but that's just me.

ford ave

Established Member
As someone who did wait almost a year to receive everything for my kit... I won't deny that the fit and finish is top notch. I've worked on a lot of cars and it's not too frequent that aftermarket parts fit like OEM. Installing Dustin's kit was actually a treat cause everything just fell into place so well. Even without any installation instructions, I shot him a few texts when I had a question about bolts or where anything went and he was quick to confirm what I was already thinking.

With that said... if I had to do it all over again and knew that it was going to be a full year before I received my kit - I would have gone a different route, but that's just me.
I got to see his kit at a couple events it is clean looking, the only issue I saw would be the fan shroud and fans only covering half of the rad,

Also alot could happen In a year lose your job your significant other gets knocked up, your car gets t boned and so on, so it' hard to wait that long, o I almost forgot when it comes to modding the car we are so inpatient, we wanted the items last month

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Fan shroud covering the radiator? Ummmm no it has zero effect on cooling and considering his intercooler cools intake temps better then any other Turbo kit on the market id say Justin has things figured out as far as keeping temps down.

but yea u could lose ur job in a year or ur GF can get knocked up thats all true but in a year u could also get promoted to a better paying position band now make more money.

if everyone got their kit last month then everyone would have a CPR Turbo kit. I have yet to see one locally in my area so thats good thing and makes it worth the wait imo.

I got to see his kit at a couple events it is clean looking, the only issue I saw would be the fan shroud and fans only covering half of the rad,

Also alot could happen In a year lose your job your significant other gets knocked up, your car gets t boned and so on, so it' hard to wait that long, o I almost forgot when it comes to modding the car we are so inpatient, we wanted the items last month

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

Agree. Because also what happens you get in that accident a week after you get your turbo kit. Damaged parts ensue. Now sit and wait for, insert unknown time here, for a replacement or call and have it shipped in three days.

Fan shroud covering the radiator? Ummmm no it has zero effect on cooling and considering his intercooler cools intake temps better then any other Turbo kit on the market id say Justin has things figured out as far as keeping temps down.

but yea u could lose ur job in a year or ur GF can get knocked up thats all true but in a year u could also get promoted to a better paying position band now make more money.

if everyone got their kit last month then everyone would have a CPR Turbo kit. I have yet to see one locally in my area so thats good thing and makes it worth the wait imo.

Do not agree
Looks like a good kit, but I would get another good kit and use it for 11 months. While you waited.

And probably make the around the same power in end. And not have to cut my rad cover. Less cutting = better to me.

But if that’s worth the wait to you who Am I to argue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol yea I'm sure thats what everyone would be doing is dishing out $8-9k on one kit then dishing out another $8-9k to have another till that one arrived..... yea ok. so what K member u gonna use?

Do not agree
Looks like a good kit, but I would get another good kit and use it for 11 months. While you waited.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
lol yea I'm sure thats what everyone would be doing is dishing out $8-9k on one kit then dishing out another $8-9k to have another till that one arrived..... yea ok. so what K member u gonna use?

Don't think that's what he meant but idk.

CPR is far and away the best single you can buy for these cars. Problem is the wait used to be 3-4 weeks (back in 2014 when I was looking). Now it's almost a year? Come on.... business cannot sustain that way..... I think we all know that.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

da faq you talking about willis?

No one did that...he backed out and then ordered a hellion ..go read some. here is ford's post

"He's not in cal no more the last I heard he moved to tx, i accutally backed out of my turbo kit, hate to be told 3 month send my money and after 6 month nothing so I went with a more reputable company, and I'm so happy I did very happy with the results"

with a hellion, well i dunno guess the factory one would work......cause it does

making up stuff and then changing the topic of arguement...cool

ford ave

Established Member
Dustin kit was right around 7500 to the door and a year wait with occasional parts showing up here and there, hellion twin kit was 7400 to my door and waited a month with all the parts and extras, let's not forget the manual that came with it also, like i said I'm not knocking on the guy just saying, it's not good practice to tell some one 3 month then 5 month then 8 then a year by then I'd like to put a bullet in my head

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no I agree a year is really long ****ing time to wait no doubt! I'm not debating that at all. but I can tell u 100% that if I was going to buy an newer Mustang and wanted a Turbo kit u can bet I will be waiting a year if it takes that long to get a CPR kit. no doubt about it!

Intake temps have never been above 122 degrees ever! under even the hottest days of driving and at the end of the drag strip!!!! Yea never above 122 degrees.

until people have owned this kit and seen how well everything works together and how efficient it is including that custom made Turbo from Forced Inductions they just have no real clue how good this kit is. Back pressure is far less with his setup. There are so many things going on with his kit giving an advantage over others its hard to name them all.

People like you know for sure but others just assume they all do the same thing. That is utter BS! There is a very high demand for these kits which is why people are having to wait so long.

I would rather wait. which means the quality, fit and finish isn't compromised by outsourcing to some other vendor. Get in line cause the end product is worth the wait period.

Don't think that's what he meant but idk.

CPR is far and away the best single you can buy for these cars. Problem is the wait used to be 3-4 weeks (back in 2014 when I was looking). Now it's almost a year? Come on.... business cannot sustain that way..... I think we all know that.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
no I agree a year is really long ****ing time to wait no doubt! I'm not debating that at all. but I can tell u 100% that if I was going to buy an newer Mustang and wanted a Turbo kit u can bet I will be waiting a year if it takes that long to get a CPR kit. no doubt about it!

Intake temps have never been above 122 degrees ever! under even the hottest days of driving and at the end of the drag strip!!!! Yea never above 122 degrees.

until people have owned this kit and seen how well everything works together and how efficient it is including that custom made Turbo from Forced Inductions they just have no real clue how good this kit is. Back pressure is far less with his setup. There are so many things going on with his kit giving an advantage over others its hard to name them all.

People like you know for sure but others just assume they all do the same thing. That is utter BS! There is a very high demand for these kits which is why people are having to wait so long.

I would rather wait. which means the quality, fit and finish isn't compromised by outsourcing to some other vendor. Get in line cause the end product is worth the wait period.

Great, good, best ****ing kit in the history of kits ever.....no way I would wait a year.

Especially if it is not at a discount. Solution is simple if the product is that unbelievably good hire some damn fab workers shit will sell and dude will be rich.

Hopefully CPR guy gets things sorted out, seems like he is awesome dude

Users who are viewing this thread