CPR Turbo at 77,000 miles... What happens when you turn up the boost on a stock motor

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
A little update on my turd of a car. Had the chance to put her on the dyno again for the first time in about 2 years.

Still rocking the OG (Original Gangsta, Prototype, most miles.....) CPR kit on my Bone stock (but OPG's) motor with now over 77,000 miles. Car First had a direct Port kit on it in the beginning, and was an R&D car for the 6r80 on a ~200 shot. Then at about 45k miles the turbo kit went on.

Anyways back to the dyno. Got the chance to slap her on the dyno and got to make some pulls. As you can see, I had some boost drop, well My C02 bottle was dead so I could not use my boostleash.....had to come up with a make shift boost controller. It did the job but the way I had it hooked up, it dropped boost up top. That is why you see it kinda flat line.

Setup
BW S475 Cast Wheel 1.10 A/R Hot Side(75mm compressor, 87mm Exhaust)
5" Down pipe through full 3" exhaust to the rear bumper.
Full boost @ 3900rpm with my dump truck Cast wheel turbo and 87mm exhaust

First Up SAE Corrected Dynojet Numbers
Oq4IIjsh.jpg

And for you all that love Numbers... the STD Corrected version
Do2rdqoh.jpg

Even at 7000rpm the she was still making 740 SAE / 760STD on 11.2lbs of boost.
As you can see, no valve float and no HP Cliffs (even with the boost dropping).

I attribute the car living this long to a Non valve floating turbo kit and Very good tuning.

b2QH8oUh.jpg

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
well, thanks for the write up. I think this may answer a lot of peoples questions about how much boost a stock motor can take and for how long. I was not expecting one of these motors to last 77000 miles at over 700 RWHP.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Who tuned that turd anyway?

Great story thanks for sharing. Post up some vids!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Awesome man. Were you running 13.7 psi all the time or just turned it up recently? How much timing is in it?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Awesome man. Were you running 13.7 psi all the time or just turned it up recently? How much timing is in it?
I think a full pull at 14lbs would have been over 800. I'm running less than 18* of spark. From other pulls I'm right at 30hp per psi throughout the rpm band.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I believe he's on E85. At least he better be with all the criticism I get about not having E!! :D

Sally still doing work

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Awesome numbers! :rockon:

Your sig says 9.88@136, was that letting off on the big end? What's your best ET/MPH?

CPR turbos are very impressive...

cprboss

Established Member
Damn that spools quick! Suddenly any nervousness I had about taking the boss to 862/781 is gone, this is impressive. CPR kicks ass.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Awesome numbers! :rockon:

Your sig says 9.88@136, was that letting off on the big end? What's your best ET/MPH?

CPR turbos are very impressive...

That was NMRA season opener 2014 and that was right at 9lbs.

stags

Established Member
Question since I am feeling teh power itch and a desire to be financially irresponsible

How does the CPR kit address the issue of passing emissions?
Does Shaun still tune these?
What supporting mods are needed? Besides clutch, 1pc ds, opgs, and 3.31 or 3.15 gears?

mystickb1996

Established Member
That's very impressive op, you have faith for sure! You considering a built motor soon?? Btw to stags^ emissions? What's that ? Lol jk..I have a feeling the cpr kit was not engineered with emissions in mind.. You will need fuel components along with some sticky tires to add to that list, o and if you have a mt82 good luck!!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
You just tipp toed right around my question! Lol!

What does it run now?

Car ran 9.88 on ~9lbs I'd imagine its faster now.

Question since I am feeling teh power itch and a desire to be financially irresponsible

What supporting mods are needed? Besides clutch, 1pc ds, opgs, and 3.31 or 3.15 gears?

Emissions....:shrug:
Shaun has started remote tuning the kits I THINK?
Supporting mods... Fuel injectors, Pumps or at least a BAP, if your M6 your gonna need a good clutch and a Drive shaft. Autos your good to go.

Nice to see you back Chris!

Thanks!

4VFTW

Established Member
Have to agree, with a good tune and a little care the stock Coyote can take a beating for quite some time. my 100% stock longblock owes me nothing at this point, but it runs as good as it did on day 1 and she's been run 7700 n/a , 7500 on spray and now boosted.

CPRsm

Shuan is tuning them now. Has them down pretty good.
Send me a pm on the emissions part if you want. But keep that stock clutch as long as you can!!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread