Coyote vs 97 Cobra, 97 Cobra vs 03 Mach 1

4valved

Banned
What part of az you from? My whole family lives near goodyear if your close I'm gonna be out there in may if you want to run for pinks!!! Lol but really if your close we can run

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
What part of az you from? My whole family lives near goodyear if your close I'm gonna be out there in may if you want to run for pinks!!! Lol but really if your close we can run

The Chandler area. I've never even been out to Goodyear lol; it is far (1.5-2.5) hours would be my guess lol. Hahaha in that case I'll borrow my friends ZO6 lol jk. That would be fun, we have identical mods right? Except you have the SRI. Maybe we can record it and show the difference with SRI and without.

4valved

Banned
Yea If you wanna meet up that's but well have to run at night cause its to damn hot up there during the day lol

blkvenm97

Established Member
coming from someone who has owned a 97 cobra and an 03 mach...I honestly think machs are slightly faster stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on. with that being said..the difference is minimal enough to where it's a driver's race...the cobra driver is slightly better he's going to win mod for mod...same the other way.....equal drivers I give a slight edge to the mach. I used to outrun all kinds of ppl in my 97 cobra...I had a jlt cai, offroad h, flows and 4.10 gears, steeda shifter and a decent driver mod. i say decent because while i'm not an expect I'm definately not slouch. Plenty of practice lol

blkvenm97

Established Member
n/a cobras are looked down upon because a lot of people get outran in them and make them look bad due to not having the driver mod. the 96-01 cobras LOVE TO REV...you have to redline the shit out of every gear...the more rpm you feed it the better up to redline. if you do not redline it and bang the shit out of gears you're going to be a lot slower. the same with a lot of cars but these cars ecpecially. gears and the driver mod make a world of difference in them

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah even at night its gonna be in the 80-90s right, California
Yeah you can count on that lol. Ah not too far.
Well send me a PM when you come out here.
coming from someone who has owned a 97 cobra and an 03 mach...I honestly think machs are slightly faster stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on. with that being said..the difference is minimal enough to where it's a driver's race...the cobra driver is slightly better he's going to win mod for mod...same the other way.....equal drivers I give a slight edge to the mach. I used to outrun all kinds of ppl in my 97 cobra...I had a jlt cai, offroad h, flows and 4.10 gears, steeda shifter and a decent driver mod. i say decent because while i'm not an expect I'm definately not slouch. Plenty of practice lol
Stock for stock the Mach is faster hands down. Well idk bolt on for bolt on with you, machs lay north of 300 with bolt ons right? B headed cars would be lucky to hit that with full bolt ons including long tubes and tune lol. Yeah depending on mods driver mod can help out a lot. Yeah you can surprise some people with these cars I'll tell you that. But they're falling behind as newer cars are so advanced.

n/a cobras are looked down upon because a lot of people get outran in them and make them look bad due to not having the driver mod. the 96-01 cobras LOVE TO REV...you have to redline the shit out of every gear...the more rpm you feed it the better up to redline. if you do not redline it and bang the shit out of gears you're going to be a lot slower. the same with a lot of cars but these cars ecpecially. gears and the driver mod make a world of difference in them
Yeah it sucks for us NA guys, no love at all. Yes they do love to rev; always shift it at 7k. I agree. I'd love to have a full bolt on, geared mach 1. It would be a lot of fun. But I like my SN95 and I want to make it look and run well since people like to bag on them. :beer:

4valved

Banned
yep will do man. If i drive ill be sure to hit you up. Im gonna be doing a new fuel pump so we will see

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
Nice races, always wanted to see what a Mach could run. Was there a huge difference from stock to 410s? I have a mark viii with the 4v and have been toying with the idea of semi steep gears

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
yep will do man. If i drive ill be sure to hit you up. Im gonna be doing a new fuel pump so we will see
Alright sounds good. Well hopefully you get the pump in in time. 255?

Nice races, always wanted to see what a Mach could run. Was there a huge difference from stock to 410s? I have a mark viii with the 4v and have been toying with the idea of semi steep gears
Machs run pretty strong. I kind of want one lol but hard to justify when my Cobra is clean and runs great. Oh well. Yes! HUGE difference! The 4.10s really woke this car up. I highly recommend them. 4.10s or bust imo.

Users who are viewing this thread