Coyote vs 97 Cobra, 97 Cobra vs 03 Mach 1

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Coyote vs Cobra: Heading out to the last drift/drag event of the season for Firebird raceway in Mexico, I spotted a gold (idk the actual color name) 2011-12? 5.0 merging onto the highway I was traveling on. In my head I wondered how bad I'd get handled by one. I continued to drive along when what do you know the coyote is in the HOV lane on my left. He paces a bit than it sounds like he down shifted (stock exhaust and couldn't even hear it over my o/r x and magnapacks), I down shifted as well. No honking, but he gets on it a little and I follow suit. I believe he pulled about 2-3 cars on me (don't quote me on that) from 70 to about 120. Short race with traffic up ahead and wtf on the 70 roll lol. I got killed but it was fun to see a new 5.0 move out! And boy do they move the fawk out! Had plasti dipped wheels and was lowered. Might be a member here?

03 Mach 1 vs 97 Cobra:
Leaving a huge car meet in Scottsdale, Mexico I lined up with a Mach 1, STi, and New Edge GT. 3 honks and I was gone. No idea but you snooze you lose. I instantly pulled on all 3 but I don't think the STi was ready as I heard it spooling when I took off. So that I won't count as a kill. I believe it was about 2-3 cars that I pulled on the Mach 1. The NE GT, well lets just say the owner should have just spectated lol. The STi ended up reeling the Mach 1 in according to the driver of the STi. Also according to the STi driver; he wasn't going to be able to reel my Cobra in but he said the distance between us stayed the same. This was a 60 roll.

Overall I'm happy with my old SN95 redheaded step child of a car. She did pretty well.

Cobra: o/r X, magnapack catback, 4.10s
STi: full exhaust and a pro tune ( 292awhp/ 320awtq)
03 Mach: o/r x, bassani catback, intake
2011(12?) 5.0: not sure on mods
NE GT: Not sure on mods but had exhaust

Nice, i raced a new 5.0 in my car and ran almost dead even with him...but he was a bad driver for sure...he should of pulled me pretty good haha

mods: exhaust only, shifter, driver mod

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice, i raced a new 5.0 in my car and ran almost dead even with him...but he was a bad driver for sure...he should of pulled me pretty good haha

mods: exhaust only, shifter, driver mod
Yeah he definitely was a bad driver lol. The 5.0 that I ran would have kept pulling.

70 roll? 60 roll?
The 5.0 driver chose that speed not me. It was a random street ecounter; no time to tell him I want a slower race on a highway lol. 60 rolls are pretty common, but I am not a fan either way.

Should've just did 80 rolls. Hell, let's start at 90 with cars that, save for the 5.0, probably all trap 98-105
Lol I hate roll racing, but that's the only way random races happen on the highway fyi. I don't think slowing down to a complete stop on the highway is a good idea. Even if that's what they trap doesn't mean we can't go faster than that. Thanks for the input.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice runs. So when you raced the ne gt, mach and sti that was a roll race also? If not xorrect me but from a roll the mach shouldve jade you, and from a dig also but I wasnt there so good runs OP

4valved

Banned
Nice runs. So when you raced the ne gt, mach and sti that was a roll race also? If not xorrect me but from a roll the mach shouldve jade you, and from a dig also but I wasnt there so good runs OP

The mach 1 didn't have gears, ive eaten up stock geared machs with my 410 geared cobra, if that mach had 410s it would've been harder. Good races op

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yes that was a roll race, sorry I probably wasn't clear. All the runs were roll races. And I beg to differ; I've taken several machs from rolls. The mach still had the stock 3.55 gearing. The gears made the difference for me. It sucks that we went from that high of rolls which affected me negatively on the highend but my car still pulled. I don't think I have much of a driver mod especially for only driving it once a week but its not the first x pipe, catback, intake mach 1 I have taken from a roll. Thanks.

The mach 1 didn't have gears, ive eaten up stock geared machs with my 410 geared cobra, if that mach had 410s it would've been harder. Good races op
+1
If that mach had 4.10's I would have stood no chance. Thanks man

4valved

Banned
I've ran a few 410 geared machs and stood neck and neck with them, I've also ran my bros 99 cobra with 430s we ran neck and neck as well. B head cobras do pretty well from roll races

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I've ran a few 410 geared machs and stood neck and neck with them, I've also ran my bros 99 cobra with 430s we ran neck and neck as well. B head cobras do pretty well from roll races

they can, they have weight on machs. i had a buddy who had a full bolt on, mmr intake manifold and 4.30 97 cobra with driver mod and i had same mads minus intake manifold and i still trapped 5 mph more

4valved

Banned
they can, they have weight on machs. i had a buddy who had a full bolt on, mmr intake manifold and 4.30 97 cobra with driver mod and i had same mads minus intake manifold and i still trapped 5 mph more

Well if he was running the mmr intake manifold he made a huge mistake those intakes blow for n/a power I'm sure it was killing him. Its been proven they don't make good power gains and actually lose power compared to the stock intake system

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
That's pretty good. I didn't think our cars could hang with geared mach 1s. I'm not sure on that though since I did run another mach a few weeks ago and we were neck and neck with stock gearing on the mach. Seems a little odd that a b headed bolt on, geared cobra would still be faster than a mach with gears? Idk I may just be overthinking it. And you have done it. I've wanted to run a 99/01 cobra with bolt ons.

+1 on the sheet metal intake hurting the b headed car NA wise.

4valved

Banned
That's pretty good. I didn't think our cars could hang with geared mach 1s. I'm not sure on that though since I did run another mach a few weeks ago and we were neck and neck with stock gearing on the mach. Seems a little odd that a b headed bolt on, geared cobra would still be faster than a mach with gears? Idk I may just be overthinking it. And you have done it. I've wanted to run a 99/01 cobra with bolt ons.

+1 on the sheet metal intake hurting the b headed car NA wise.

If you want to see the races go to xtreme3484 on youtube and watch the vids i have plenty to enjoy.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
If you want to see the races go to xtreme3484 on youtube and watch the vids i have plenty to enjoy.

Interesting I've seen most of your vids lol. Didn't realize that was your account. Pretty interesting. Did you have an SRI in all of the races? I saw it listed on some. With that I could see you gaining on the top end like you did You pulled on them pretty nasty.

4valved

Banned
Interesting I've seen most of your vids lol. Didn't realize that was your account. Pretty interesting. Did you have an SRI in all of the races? I saw it listed on some. With that I could see you gaining on the top end like you did You pulled on them pretty nasty.

The ones where the Sri is listed are the runs that I had it they are all current on the mod lists

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice runs Op! Would have loved to see those races on vid..

My buddy has an bolt-on 01 Cobra and that car runs hard. He would surprise a lot of people with his car. Recently, he just got done building the motor for FI and decided to put a 150 Shot on it...That Cobra really gets moving now..

If you get into any more races..be sure to post up a vid..:beer:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice runs OP

The ones where the Sri is listed are the runs that I had it they are all current on the mod lists
Oh alright. Pretty good runs. I agree, I think it goes the same way for me. Some times I win, some times I don't with a friends mach.

Nice runs Op! Would have loved to see those races on vid..

My buddy has an bolt-on 01 Cobra and that car runs hard. He would surprise a lot of people with his car. Recently, he just got done building the motor for FI and decided to put a 150 Shot on it...That Cobra really gets moving now..

If you get into any more races..be sure to post up a vid..:beer:
Sorry man, it was spontaneous. I should have my go pro set up everytime I go out though.

I bet he did, people look down on NA Cobras lol. Built motor and nitrous is winning. I want to do that so bad. I'm sure he surprises a lot of people even more now.

I'll have to remember to keep the go pro ready before I head out :rockon:

Awesome runs

Users who are viewing this thread