Cowl Induction Hoods

blucobra03

Established Member
I am considering the purchase of an HO Fibertrends Cobra R inch and a half cowl induction hood. I know it will look good. My question is will it make it louder inside the car since there is no insulation on it like the factory hood and it is raised with the gap in the back close to the windshield. I would think I will hear a lot more engine noise, even at regular driving speed. I typically run with windows up and A/C on, since it is Florida and hot. Anyone who has one of these hoods, I would appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I've got a cervinis cowl hood and I haven't noticed any noise difference at all. And even if there was an increase in engine noise I doubt that it would be much

blucobra03

Established Member
What did you think of the quality of the Cervinis hood ? Was there much prep work to be done before painting and how are the hinge and latch points ? Thanks !

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
It had a good finish to it, we still had to do some blocking to get a smooth finish on it before paint but it wasn't much. The fit was nice, its lined up fairly well and the mounting points are different then the factory ones. You have to use bolts to screw into the hood instead of using nuts to thread onto the studs on the factory hood. I'm happy with it but at times I miss my factory hood

blucobra03

Established Member
How about it, anymore people with a cowl induction hood or those that decided against it that can give me some advise on noise or any other things I should check for or be aware of before buying ?? Thanks guys !! :thumbsup:

SVTCobra306

Established Member
I have a Cervini as well, 40K miles and 5 years with it, no hood pins, works great and fitment is perfect! FWIW the car traps 118 MPH and has seen over 150.. the hood hasn't budged, it doesn't pull up at 100+ like some of the flimsier hoods. It is not lighter than the factory hood at all..

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
A cowl induction hood WILL NOT cool the engine bay. You need a heat extractor hood. Think Terminator hood, Saleen hood, or even Tiger Racing. The area at the base of the windshield is a high pressure area. You will be forcing air in, not letting heat out.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
A cowl induction hood WILL NOT cool the engine bay. You need a heat extractor hood. Think Terminator hood, Saleen hood, or even Tiger Racing. The area at the base of the windshield is a high pressure area. You will be forcing air in, not letting heat out.

The heat extractor hood will help cool the radiator (over all internal coolant/engine temps) better, as it will force the cool air sucked into through the front of the bumper, through the radiator, hot out the front hood extractor. A Cowl induction will only help cool overall engine bay temps as it will suck air in through the base of the whindshield/cowl and out through the open bottom of the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread