Couple test hits in the Talon...

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Buddy of mine back home in Chicago is finally getting his AWD talon to come together. They made a few test hits but are having a problem with it building boost on the line/launch....oh well gotta start somewhere....should be pretty sickly fast when done.

[youtube_browser]7nxgBAA40VI[/youtube_browser]

johnnyrocket

Established Member
image.jpg

That talon reeled him in!! :banana:

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yes it did lol. They have been a racing family for YEARS but decided to give imports a try just for something different. He also owns AMS' old blue SRT4 that just ran mid 10's after being stored away for over a year and blowing an end off the intercooler during a 10.39 pass. As well as a turbo sundace 2dr automatic that makes a great bracket car running 12's lol

mavisky

Established Member
What size turbo is it on? Going to need a loose converter to get it to make much boost and still make power. Most of my automotive history was with DSM's.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Very nice :coolman: A close friend of mine just got done swapping an auto into his built talon a few months back and loves it. It sounds like the 2-step off the line is insanely low, do you know what it is building for boost off the line? All setups are different of course but he is still on a 2.0L with a GT35R and with his converter setup he had to hit about 5K RPM on the 2 step to build around 10-12psi off the line.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Very nice :coolman: A close friend of mine just got done swapping an auto into his built talon a few months back and loves it. It sounds like the 2-step off the line is insanely low, do you know what it is building for boost off the line? All setups are different of course but he is still on a 2.0L with a GT35R and with his converter setup he had to hit about 5K RPM on the 2 step to build around 10-12psi off the line.

Ill have to find out the combo. I know they changed it arouond a bit since it was last on the dyno where it made 709awhp@9k rpm but still have another 5-7lbs of boost and a few hundred rpm to go.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
They found out they had a decent boost leak....from the throttle cable shaft that goes into the throttle body of all places, which made no boost on the 2step and just downhill from there.....and a slight leak on one of the axle seals. So they are going to get it worked out and try to get back out before the season is over. But that first pass was a 143mph top end with only 32lbs of boost and they are going for 39-40lbs.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Talon. Making some nice power. I used to own a Mitsu GSX. I miss that car.

Users who are viewing this thread