Couple of Questions (Pulley ?s)

Stage2Roush2002

Established Member
During this winter I am going to start modding my Cobra. As of now she is bone stock. I had a couple of questions before I start purchasing things because this is my first SVT to own.

My plans are to do a pulley swap, CAI, cat-back and a tuner.

For the pulley swap I want to do the whole setup. Tensioner, the quick swap system, and a 2.81 pulley. What would yall recommend on the pulley? Steeda, billetflow, UPR, ect. Also, what for the tensioner, should the upper pulley and tensioner match? I would like everything to be top notch and no short cuts.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ok, I have heard that before. Thanks. Should I match the tensioner like brand wise?

NO!You don`t need a new tensioner!Just go with the stock piece.For sure use the B/F stuff,all 4idlers plus the upper,a 2.76 or 2.93.Get a good tune,such as VMP or AMAZON!I used Justin from VMP and he rocks!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Get a package deal with a SCT Tuner from Amazon Tuning on here. Pullies, plugs, belt, Tune, and anything else you might need from one place. Then you just install and enjoy.

Stage2Roush2002

Established Member
Get a package deal with a SCT Tuner from Amazon Tuning on here. Pullies, plugs, belt, Tune, and anything else you might need from one place. Then you just install and enjoy.

How do I do that? Sorry I am fairly new here.

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
BF for sure. Plus 100mm snub idler... replace the other idlers if you feel like it. The stock ones have been known to break :shrug: I've been on the stock idlers for a long time with no problems as well as most of my friends...

No need for a tensioner. Change to correct belt size and idler, you should be fine.

Stage2Roush2002

Established Member
Thanks guys.

One last questions, if I get the BF Sub Idler with the 4 pulleys this will change out all the stock pulleys other than the lower ones, supercharger and alternator pulleys?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not at all. Yeah that is what I understood. So this would be all I need? Because I would like to go ahead and change the stock pulleys while I am at it.

You got it then,The 4 pc.BF set,3 100mm and 1 90 mm,plus what ever u want to use for a upper.2.76'',2.93''.GOOD JOB:beer:
92mm to exact

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Give me a min and i`ll blast-up my set-up.
005-3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread