Couple of questions for dallas area members

damon94

Established Member
I was reading abunch of threads since im new to the site. My car is an 07 stock with 16000 miles on it. Its my daily driver, and always will be.

I would like to start toying around with it a little bit. Maybe try to achieve 500-550 rwhp. Since im a noob, and dont have alot of spendable cash on hand(because I just bought a second shelby to garage) where should i start, and where can I buy parts and get tuned locally in the dfw area?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. And if this has already been covered I appologize ive only gone back 3 pages worth of threads so far.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
The absolute best shop in the DFW is HPP. I have been around the mustang seen for a long time and have been to a lot of shops. Manny and his crew are top notch. Easy mods to your car would be CAI, Exhaust Pulley and Tune. You will be more than happy with the results! PM if you have any more questions.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Gearheads in Manisfield is also OK. JTL, CAI, Metco 2.6, and Dyno Tune will be very drivable. The Shelby KR shifters the best mod so far .

I see that you live in Grapevine...I'm in Southlake.

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
Quantum-perf.com in Farmers Branch is also an option. They are a Shelby certified mod shop with plenty of experience.

You got plenty of choices, just decide on your objective and make the decision you are most comfortable with.

damon94

Established Member
Ok great info thanks.

Yes I live in grapevine by the baylor hospitol where 121/114 split. I actually live on 26 2 blocks north of 114 by the target.

I think ill start with the cai and tune.

damon94

Established Member
I think Ive been to hpp in lewisville. the zclub of texas had a dyno day out there. I got my 88 300z t dyno'd out there.

I do have a question about the sct tune. Will hpp or any of the others have that or is it something i have to buy? Cost?

Im a novice so pardon my ignorance.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I think Ive been to hpp in lewisville. the zclub of texas had a dyno day out there. I got my 88 300z t dyno'd out there.

I do have a question about the sct tune. Will hpp or any of the others have that or is it something i have to buy? Cost?

Any reputable shop that has the tuning software, can get the SCT programmer for you. If they can't... don't let them touch your car.

Good to see we've got some DFW area folks here.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

You should purchase a tuner you can probably beat the shop price. Watch how the use they tuner because if you need service on the car you will have to remove the CAI and dump the stock tune back into the car so you can take it to the dealer.

I live by Kimbal and Crooked Ln.

Last edited:

damon94

Established Member
Gearheads in Manisfield is also OK. JTL, CAI, Metco 2.6, and Dyno Tune will be very drivable. The Shelby KR shifters the best mod so far .

I see that you live in Grapevine...I'm in Southlake.

what is jtl? and how much will the stuff listed cost me. Im thinking about ordering some stuff tomarrow.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
what is jtl? and how much will the stuff listed cost me. Im thinking about ordering some stuff tomarrow.

Opps its JLT

Red and white I think I have seen you a couple of times in your car.

This is what I have on my car. You may be able to find them cheaper than below these are just examples of what is on my car. You are welcome to look at them on my car if you want. I'm letting Bankstone look at a tire/alignment issue Saturday so they will have the car

Also most of the time its better to have the car dyno tune when your parts are installed. If you do the CAI and Pulley at the same time you only have to pay for one dyno tune. The custom tune is the down loaded into your SCT tuner and you can switch between stock and custom if the stuff needs to come off for service. Edit: They found a toe in problem they are keeping it till Monday.

Have you had the TSB service for the Flywheel/clutch/tranny?

JLT Performance Cold Air Intake - Carbon Fiber (07-09 GT500) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

SCT X3 Power Flash Mustang Tuner - The 3rd Generation SCT XCalibrator Handheld

METCO SUPERCHARGER PULLEY (2007+ Shelby GT500) 2007 GT500 SUPERCHARGER PULLEY [MI-MSP] - $160.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE SHOP, Welcome to JLT performance

METCO AUXILIARY IDLE ASSEMBLY (2007+ Shelby GT500) 2007 GT500 SHELBY AUXILIARY IDLE ASSEMBLY [MI-MSI-90] - $189.50 : JLT PERFORMANCE SHOP, Welcome to JLT performance

Last edited:

damon94

Established Member
Opps its JLT

Red and white I think I have seen you a couple of times in your car.

This is what I have on my car. You may be able to find them cheaper than below these are just examples of what is on my car. You are welcome to look at them on my car if you want. I'm letting Bankstone look at a tire/alignment issue Saturday so they will have the car

Also most of the time its better to have the car dyno tune when your parts are installed. If you do the CAI and Pulley at the same time you only have to pay for one dyno tune. The custom tune is the down loaded into your SCT tuner and you can switch between stock and custom if the stuff needs to come off for service. Edit: They found a toe in problem they are keeping it till Monday.

JLT Performance Cold Air Intake - Carbon Fiber (07-09 GT500) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

SCT X3 Power Flash Mustang Tuner - The 3rd Generation SCT XCalibrator Handheld

METCO SUPERCHARGER PULLEY (2007+ Shelby GT500) 2007 GT500 SUPERCHARGER PULLEY [MI-MSP] - $160.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE SHOP, Welcome to JLT performance

METCO AUXILIARY IDLE ASSEMBLY (2007+ Shelby GT500) 2007 GT500 SHELBY AUXILIARY IDLE ASSEMBLY [MI-MSI-90] - $189.50 : JLT PERFORMANCE SHOP, Welcome to JLT performance

Thanks for the links. I will swing by monday morning and take a look if possible. these parts are alot cheaper then I thought also. :rockon:

what color is your car.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

What is tsb? Is it a recall or something?

I think it stands for Technical Service Bulletin. The Shelby's 2007-2008 flywheel over heats warps and drags damaging the clutch and 2nd syncro. The TSB tells dealers to replace the flywheel clutch and 2nd gear syncro.

I'd do it before modding the engine so you don't have to take the mods off before the service to avoid voiding the warranty. Talk to John Gallager at Bankstons. He was very helpful getting mine done. The other service assistant was LESS than helpful. I would not use him. John works Tuesday through Saturday. Just tell John you know Lane Casey with a Black 2008 Shelby.

Also if you decide to go with a KR shifter [I LOVE mine] it could be put on while the TSB is being done and it shouldn't cost a install charge because the are removing the tranny anyway. That is what I did. I OK'd it with John first.

My car won't be home till Monday evening but you're welcome to come by and I give you a spin in it.

Just PM me if you need my number.

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I bought my KR shifter from Ford Racing Parts from Southwest Ford out of Weatherford. But I looked at their site today and could not find it. Quite frankly their site seemed disorganized to me. Their site maybe under construction because it seems different to me than the last time I went there.

I bought the shifter chrome handle and white cue ball shift Knob from Dallas Mustang it is also a seller of Ford Racing parts.

Dallas Mustang Link

The whole setup was roughly $400

I'm not absolutely sure it the shifter on the Dallas Mustang link is a KR I would call them and clarify before you ordered it.

This is the shift knob I have for sure [I'm reasonably sure you can retain your original shift knob it you want to.]

[64249] SHIFTERS KNOBS, 2007-2009, GT500, WHITE WITH HANDLE, FRPP
Brand: Ford Racing Parts
Vendor Part Number: M-7213-K

I "THINK" this is the shifter but I would call them to be sure 1-800-MUSTANG

SHIFTERS, 2007-2009, GT500, FRPP
[63554] SHIFTERS, 2007-2009, GT500, FRPP
Brand: Ford Racing Parts
Vendor Part Number: M-7210-B

Oh I talked John into a free rent car while my TSB was being done. Just had to pay the taxes on it @ about $5 a day. Tell him its a factory defect and you deserve a free rent car.

Last edited:

TexasShelby

Established Member
I'm very please with my perf. mods so far, all I've done was the JLT CAI and tune (great guys and great service), KR Shifter and Hurst pistol gripe, and Corsa Axlebacks. Along with Steeda Springs, BMR LCAs and Adj. Panhard Bar with 20" Nitto INVOs on Shebly Razors.

I'm about to take the dive for the pulley, but would really like one that you can swap back to stock fairly easy. Any ideas?

engine6-111207b.jpg

Hurst-Shifter-Handle-2.jpg

dashsnake.jpg

Shelby-May-08-013.jpg

Grabberized-BMR-LCA-and-Pan.jpg

Other little thing that is nice to get rid of is the stupid prop bar and go with struts, I did and had them powder coated to match.
HoodStruts004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread