Couldnt stay away, picked up a '13 GT

ebrow21

Established Member
Nice purchase! I find it funny I recognize your garage from your for sale thread with the other car. If I remember right it was a pretty good deal when you sold it as well.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Congrats, nice looking car. Went with the same wheels myself, probably going to keep them on except for track duty.

kevinp

Established Member
Nice purchase! I find it funny I recognize your garage from your for sale thread with the other car. If I remember right it was a pretty good deal when you sold it as well.

It was a good deal, but when I go to sell something I want it gone quick. Probably see this one in the same driveway for sale in a year or so :)

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Congrats on the new car. I love the new styling and look into getting your car protected with Opticoat. It's a sealant that all my buds on Autogeek that are professional detailers use. Stuff is amazing.

kevinp

Established Member
Welcome back. Your old car was one of my favorites on the forum. Any reason for going the auto trans route again?

After driving manuals for the last 35 years or so I'm just done with them. My last manual car ever will most likely most likely be the C6 Vette I traded in for this. After driving a PDK Porsche and DCT M3 for a while I just dont enjoy driving a manual like I used to.

But manuals are fun no doubt. Since the main thing I will do with this is just putt around town and an occasional dragstrip blast I dont feel like doing a clutch and then trying to destroy everything from the clutch back trying to get a decent 60 foot/ET ;)

Bud

Established Member
Welcome back man, your blue car was one of the tvs cars that started me down that road.

Screamin_Blower

VMP Sales & Event Manager
Established Member
Sold my '11 with the TVS about a year ago, I kind of missed it, was really a fun car and there is always something cool about a 10 second daily driver.

After seeing a couple 13s around town lately I decided to pick up another on to play with. Brought home a Black premium GT auto yesterday, bought it from Terry (Beefcake) and it was a smooth deal at a fair price. My 2011 was a base car and was pretty plain, I liked in a bare-bones-sleeper-way but it was a bit on the bland side on the inside.

I know some like and some hate a '13 styling but I like it overall, plus the little screen between the gauges and the backup camera in the mirror is pretty neat. This one feels a little faster stock than my '11 did, I think its mostly the trans calibration, the '11 stock had luxury car like shift points and took forever to downshift. This '13 seems to drop a gear or two a lot quicker, and the sport setting is even better. The select shift is nice as well, wouldnt use it to drag race with because of the lag but driving around the mountain roads here it works OK - much better than the no-gate D-3-2-1 shifter the '11 had.

After I put a few miles on it I'll probably do another Roush/TVS, most likely the same setup I had from VMP but I may also try the 625hp setup directly from Roush to see how that stacks up - can always change the tune down the road.

Couple pics, went with PITA black this time around, think it works well with the new styling.

DSCF1004s_zps6ce86446.gif

DSCF1001s_zpsbb53fcb6.gif

DSCF0998s_zpsad7436d2.gif

We now have our own VMP TVS for the 5.0.
The kit runs 6999.00
Come with:
TVS blower with ported inlet and smaller snout to adapt to smaller pulleys
High Flow Elbow
60mm throttle Body
JLT123mm CAI
ID72lb Injectors
Afco Dual Fan Heat Ex-Changer with 3x capacity reservoir
All PNP Harnesses for easy installation
A choice of a Pulley (69mm,72,75,79,82mm)
All necessary hardware

Our kit is designed by us and made by Roush we offer a one year warranty and 100,00 mile guarantee.
Compared to the Roush which is priced at 5999.00
The Roush doesn't include
JLT123mm a 400 value
ID72lb injectors retailed at 960.00
Afco Dual Fan HE with tank 799.00

These are normal upgrades for the roush 5.0 kit which are all included in our kit.
All that's needed is a tune and tuner which is 549.00 or 350 for just the tune.

PM me for further details or any questions you might have.

Users who are viewing this thread