Couldnt stay away, picked up a '13 GT

kevinp

Established Member
Sold my '11 with the TVS about a year ago, I kind of missed it, was really a fun car and there is always something cool about a 10 second daily driver.

After seeing a couple 13s around town lately I decided to pick up another on to play with. Brought home a Black premium GT auto yesterday, bought it from Terry (Beefcake) and it was a smooth deal at a fair price. My 2011 was a base car and was pretty plain, I liked in a bare-bones-sleeper-way but it was a bit on the bland side on the inside.

I know some like and some hate a '13 styling but I like it overall, plus the little screen between the gauges and the backup camera in the mirror is pretty neat. This one feels a little faster stock than my '11 did, I think its mostly the trans calibration, the '11 stock had luxury car like shift points and took forever to downshift. This '13 seems to drop a gear or two a lot quicker, and the sport setting is even better. The select shift is nice as well, wouldnt use it to drag race with because of the lag but driving around the mountain roads here it works OK - much better than the no-gate D-3-2-1 shifter the '11 had.

After I put a few miles on it I'll probably do another Roush/TVS, most likely the same setup I had from VMP but I may also try the 625hp setup directly from Roush to see how that stacks up - can always change the tune down the road.

Couple pics, went with PITA black this time around, think it works well with the new styling.

DSCF1004s_zps6ce86446.gif

DSCF1001s_zpsbb53fcb6.gif

DSCF0998s_zpsad7436d2.gif

kevinp

Established Member
Those wheels are the only non-Brembo wheels I like on the '13 cars.

They are decent looking 19" wheels, just wish they were a little wider, the 245s look so skinny on the back..

Loooking good man.. Nicely done!! lol Have fun with the PITA Black..haha:beer:

Yea, not looking forward to keeping it clean or the inevitable swirl marks but black is still one of my favorite colors on a car.

Ratchet

Established Member
They are decent looking 19" wheels, just wish they were a little wider, the 245s look so skinny on the back..

Yea, not looking forward to keeping it clean but black is still one of my favorite colors on a car.
yeah I was mine to... but hrs upon hrs of cleaning for very show... and I hardly drove it. lol This time I went white, it's still a pretty striking color when done right but SOOOO much easier to look after and you can't see swirls even if your right on top of it..haha I'll take the trade off.... What wheels you thinking about going with? Suspension?
:beer:

kevinp

Established Member
yeah I was mine to... but hrs upon hrs of cleaning for very show... and I hardly drove it. lol This time I went white, it's still a pretty striking color when done right but SOOOO much easier to look after and you can't see swirls even if your right on top of it..haha I'll take the trade off.... What wheels you thinking about going with? Suspension?
:beer:

Not sure on the wheels, something like some staggered 19" charcoal drifts maybe. If I do the blower that will drop the front down about an inch and with the Roush rear lowering springs it levels the car out, thats what I did on my '11 and it looked decent, not super low but lower than stock and level.

I dont do car shows and I'm not that anal about it, grey is my color of choice around here but one of my other cars is grey and so is my truck - needed something different.

Heck I raced a black car pretty much weekly for four years and it still looked pretty good after scrubbing rubber off the rear quarters many times. This pic was from the day I sold it and it didnt look bad:

TA2.gif

Hoping the Ford black paint is as tough as the GM black paint :beer:

kevinp

Established Member
pleasure doing business with you!

Now, if I could just swing you to a paxton too.....lol

:)

Enjoy

Appreciate the smooth deal..

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet as far as mods, but I change my mind often so who knows :)

Ratchet

Established Member
Not sure on the wheels, something like some staggered 19" charcoal drifts maybe. If I do the blower that will drop the front down about an inch and with the Roush rear lowering springs it levels the car out, thats what I did on my '11 and it looked decent, not super low but lower than stock and level.

I dont do car shows and I'm not that anal about it, grey is my color of choice around here but one of my other cars is grey and so is my truck - needed something different.

Heck I raced a black car pretty much weekly for four years and it still looked pretty good after scrubbing rubber off the rear quarters many times. This pic was from the day I sold it and it didnt look bad:

TA2.gif

Hoping the Ford black paint is as tough as the GM black paint :beer:

Good stuff...BTW.. I think the silver drifts look awesome on a black 13... just sayin.. there is a pic in the 11+ wheel and tire thread of one... Looks badass. Not a huge fan of the whole black out theme... haha:beer:

kevinp

Established Member
Good stuff...BTW.. I think the silver drifts look awesome on a black 13... just sayin.. there is a pic in the 11+ wheel and tire thread of one... Looks badass. Not a huge fan of the whole black out theme... haha:beer:

The grey doesnt look bad on a black car, not going to put black wheels on for sure. I havent looked through the wheel thread yet, just figured out how to program the garage door opener. Manual is wrong, it doest have the homelink transmitter lol.

Ratchet

Established Member
The grey doesnt look bad on a black car, not going to put black wheels on for sure. I havent looked through the wheel thread yet, just figured out how to program the garage door opener. Manual is wrong, it doest have the homelink transmitter lol.
Lol... I fluked into getting mine programmed and the re programming the other 2 remotes I have...haha I have no idea really how I did it the first time. But I copied that for the reprogramming of my other ones and they work now...
:thumbsup:

kevinp

Established Member
Lol... I fluked into getting mine programmed and the re programming the other 2 remotes I have...haha I have no idea really how I did it the first time. But I copied that for the reprogramming of my other ones and they work now...
:thumbsup:

I played with it for a day lol, turns out the 2013s come with a Car2u remote and not a homelink like the manual says. Thought the transmitter was bad. Finally had to give up and use the internet :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread