Costa Concordia 2015

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just came back from a cruise around the Mediterranean. On our stop in Genoa, Italy, one of the people I was talking to remembered that the Costa Concordia was being disassembled in the exact port where we had been docked. On the way out of the port, we caught a glimpse of it as we passed. Looks very creepy from a passing ship that dwarfs it. Here are pictures of the Costa Concordia as of last week.

053_zpshjhhrdgz.jpg
054_zpsr99dqxgv.jpg
055_zpslsrvpijo.jpg
056_zpsmjxpupfo.jpg
057_zpstpjslbpi.jpg

matt87

Established Member
what ship were you on that dwarfs a 950 ft cruise ship?

starnsey

Established Member
That is pretty crazy. Eerie knowing a good amount of people perished on that boat as you pass by I imagine.

matt87

Established Member
well if 80 feet longer and 10,000 tons heavier equals dwarfed then i'd love to see youre reaction in the equinox when the oasis of the seas pulls up next to you!

Last edited:

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
It cost BILLIONS to rescue that ship. 32 people died. Captain got 16 years in prison.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thoughts of "ghost ship" flooded my mind after viewing those photos. Sad story for sure. My daughter just came back from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas, which is quite a big larger.

Size Comparisons (Oasis of the Seas, followed by Queen Mary II, Costa Concordia, and Titanic
ShipSizeComparisons.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread