Corvette Z06 Owners Hit GM With Class-Action Lawsuit

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I love how people don't think an 80+K performance car should be able to finish a single track day.

I would expect it to finish a track day too. I'd also probably put bigger coolers on it instead of suing chevy, along with a host of other mods.

Ohio Snake

Established Member

281CJ

Established Member
I would expect it to finish a track day too. I'd also probably put bigger coolers on it instead of suing chevy, along with a host of other mods.
Look at the history of this gen Z06, it clearly has design/cooling issues. People are failing just driving it on the road.

Never understand how people here just defend everything v8 as if "yeah its a POS, but its got a v8 in it". This place is a bad as a Honda forum.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_4430.jpg
Look at the history of this gen Z06, it clearly has design/cooling issues. People are failing just driving it on the road.

Never understand how people here just defend everything v8 as if "yeah its a POS, but its got a v8 in it". This place is a bad as a Honda forum.

Zemedici

Established Member

These subtle jabs make me so moist

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

You're welcome to leave or not post. Pretty simple concept in my opinion.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love how people don't think an 80+K performance car should be able to finish a single track day.

I love how people think their $1500 junk on wheels is the best track car since the C7 Z06.

+1.

So if it has a history of cooling issues....then why would it be such a surprise that the C7 needs aftermarket coolers in order to pull its top performance out at the track? Astonishing deduction, Watson.

Also, no one is defending it because it's a V8. I don't give a rat's ass if it's a V8, a V6, V12, or hell even a 5 cylinder. People who want to race their cars understand that they may have to make modifications in order to get the top performance out of it.

Hell, I've spent thousands on my Gen IV Viper ACR to get it to go around the track faster, more efficient and cooler.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
These things are getting ridiculous..... be ****ing happy that you can buy such a kickass car.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Especially when it is presented as a track car. It's not a regular Corvette or a Camaro SS. It's a Z06.

kaz109

Established Member
These things are getting ridiculous..... be ****ing happy that you can buy such a kickass car.

Yea be happy you can buy an 80k-100k track car ( unless you and 13corba are saying is not meant for the track or it's a GT car) that can not make it 15 mins on a track . Hahahaha, the bigger joke is you two defending it

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea be happy you can buy an 80k-100k track car ( unless you and 13corba are saying is not meant for the track or it's a GT car) that can not make it 15 mins on a track . Hahahaha, the bigger joke is you two defending it
Defending what? Defending that if someone wants to track a car, on a racetrack, they should assume certain extra costs (i.e. coolers)?

There are few cars in the world that go straight from showroom to racetrack with 0 modifications.

Everyone I know that has a Gen V ACR-E changes brake pads, fluids, etc before racing. It's common sense that if you're going to take your car to its limit, you are light years ahead if you take the necessary steps to prepare your car.

The Demon is a hell of a platform, right? Imagine it running thirty all-out 1/4 miles with no down time. Do you think it'll last? No, I guarantee it'll hit limp mode. Would any late model 100% factory car be able to track at it's limit on a 90 degree day for over 30 minutes and not hit limp mode? I doubt it.

Vehicles are machines. Instead of suing GM for making limp mode kick on to PROTECT YOUR CAR, we should be thanking them and adding coolers if we plan on using them on the track.

Common sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What's a corba?

Users who are viewing this thread