Corsa Quad install- One side is recessed into the gt500 Valence-HELP

slick3

Established Member
As title says, bought the Corsa Sport quad axle back with the gt 500 valence (Beautiful mufflers btw). The passenger side muffler sits exactly flush with the valence where as the driver side is outside of the valence by about an inch (Perfect fit).

I moved the passenger side every which way I could, it has room on the hanger to move forward but at that point I am unable to get the mid pipe clamped up. Am I missing an adjustment here? Do I need to unbolt the mid pipe/over axle pipe and slide it back(scared of it creating a leak at this point)? I cant think of any other solution... Any input on getting this fixed would be nice.

Thanks Guys.

2014 5.0

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
Just loosen it at the midpipe and get your adjustment from there. You won't have an exhaust leak.

Torchy

Established Member
Just loosen it at the midpipe and get your adjustment from there. You won't have an exhaust leak.

Do this. I can assure you, you will have the adjustment you need from there. No need to touch the ab to oap connection.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
agreed. I this was my problem with my S type quads. MP connection being moved helped and everythign is perfect now.

pics of final product! I still kindaaa want those corsas...

101blur

Established Member
I have the same exhaust and issue with mine after adjusting it now it rattles at hide speed and I cant seem to fix it drives me crazy

slick3

Established Member
x2 on the pictures!

Sorry for the crap pictures, I had gotten grease on the lens as it was doubling as a flash light during the install :rolling:. Made them blurry. As requested... IF you guys wanna see some different parts, just ask I will go ahead and try and take some more pictures. Also, video coming soon! As in tonight..

2014-07-22172549_zpsd1bba2aa.gif

2014-07-22172557_zps4340b1cf.gif

slick3

Established Member
I have the same exhaust and issue with mine after adjusting it now it rattles at hide speed and I cant seem to fix it drives me crazy

Check that your clamps arent rubbing up on your panard bar brace. I know mine was when I took it around the block. Easy fix was just rotate them 45 degrees.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
20140625_172707_zps0e634f77.jpg

I have the same problem but I going to be buying some new OTA's soon so I'm just waiting till then. Getting the tips lined up was a PITA. But it's def worth it for the quads!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Looks so sexy! If those things didn't cost so dammed much I'd buy em in a heartbeat. Can't justify buying $1000 axle backs when my gt500 quads work just fine lol

Stevenb913

Coyote
Established Member
i love this exhaust. I just cant seem to spend that much money on exhaust work... If you pair these with an o/r mid pipe, they sound amazing. I would delete the resonators and put in some dynomax race bullets

Users who are viewing this thread