Core return on FTVB??

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
When I was putting in my ftvb last week, I noticed the little tag inside the bag that mentioned I may be charged a core charge if I don't return my stocker. It even came with the address label to send it back to. Now, I thought there WASN"T a core charge on the 4R100's. Can anybody give me some insight?

tparrott2

Established Member
Check a thread on NLOC about this ,if you paid a core charge when you bought it, then you get it back when they get it ....if not you might want to keep it for use down the road say on another Lightning or something

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Yeah, I know how a core charge works, and I didn't pay one when I purchased it. I just couldn't understand why they would send me a core label with it. I was wondering if anybody else got this core label and note with their ftvb. Thanks though. :beer:

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
the other site is going nuts about this topic... people yappin at each other, so stupid. I just feel bad for the guy who bought 10 of them, was not told some info and now is getting bitched at cause hes just tryin to get rid of product.

tparrott2

Established Member
I bought one $200 shipped no core charge...yes some have a tag to ship back ...they say Ford does not make this part anymore so Greg rebuilds them resells to next person...when i put mine in i will remove the name ..warranty thing..send core back

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
just his profits go up because he does not have to buy them from ford... so i would expect lower prices.

Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Actually, its vendors going at it...with a handfull of people that cant there their dam fingers off the keyboard.

Like me:(

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
I got one too,I thought I'll just send it back to keep prices low,besides my warrenty expired today,I still got the extended warrenty though.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
This hidden attempt to force core returns is BS. Over 2 years ago I purchased a FTVB and no core charge was mentioned. I was shocked to see the enclosed return tag threatening a charge back for not returning the stocker. After conversations with the vendor(PSP), and Greg Evans I was not charged the core fee.
Two years later the same misleading tactics are being used. I do understand the desire to have these cores back,but this must be communicated to the customer at the time of purchase. This is not the first time this issue has come up, so I can only infer that these shady practices are intentional. No Factory Tech products for me!
Jim

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
What's all of the hooplah about? Yeah, I remember seeing that little piece of "core charge" paper. A core charge wasn't mentioned when I placed my order...so, I didn't send the stocker back. If someone wants my stock VB they can try breaking into my garage in the middle of the night and looking for it. And they'd better hope I don't shoot the shit out of them. LOL.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
He won't charge you, but he'd like you to send it back.
Yep that way he wont have to buy them from ford......... pretty much a way to keep the price down and the turn around time/ shipping time down.

Users who are viewing this thread