Cops kill Tosh.0 Production Assistant

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Monday night, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department accidentally shot and killed a production assistant for Tosh.0 after mistaking the 30-year-old for a stabbing suspect.

According to the Los Angeles Times, John Winkler went to a neighbor's apartment Monday night to try to help three people who were being held captive at knife point. Responding police shot Winkler when he ran from the apartment with one of the victims. From the Sheriff Department's statement:

As deputies continued attempts to contact the people in the apartment, the apartment door suddenly opened and a male victim came rushing out. He was covered in blood and bleeding profusely from the neck. Simultaneously, Victim Winkler ran out of the door, lunging at the back of the fleeing victim. Both ran directly at the deputies. Winkler was similar to the description of the suspect and was wearing a black shirt. Believing Winkler was the assailant and the assault was ongoing and he would attack the entry team; three deputies fired their duty weapons at him.
Winkler was shot once and died later that night at a local hospital.

One of Winkler's friends spoke to the Los Angeles Times after the shooting. "It's just a really sad story," Devin Richardson said, adding that Winkler had just moved to L.A. six months ago from Washington state to pursue a career as a producer. "He basically went to help some neighbors and ends up getting shot."

The suspect, 27-year-old, Alexander McDonald, was eventually arrested and charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and one count of torture.

http://gawker.com/tosh-0-production-assistant-accidentally-killed-by-l-a-1561975738

Cant even be innocent and try and help people in danger anymore without getting shot and killed

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I bet they high fived one another, teabagged his body and praised Satan afterwards.

Sucks for the guy. Trying to help accidentally cost him his life.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Sad sad sad. About 4 or so years ago I was pulled over at 6:30am while driving to work. With the window already down, I hear the cop say "we've got a possible suspect" or something of that nature.

Apparently there was a robbery earlier that morning at a local store. Burglar was wearing a hat, blue jeans, T-shirt and drove a small green car.

I just happened to be driving my green Mitsu Mirage, wearing a black ball cap, T-shirt and blue jeans. Cop ended up looking up my license and letting me go after asking me where I worked and stuff...kind of surprising really since I coincidentally matched the description so well. Good thing that cop wasn't trigger happy too!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Attempting to attack or tackle a person who is running away as they bleed profusely. The police fired to help the victim. What were their choices, help the one bleeding and fend off the attack or let the bleeding victim be attacked again or do nothing and hope the victim is being helped by a good samaritan? No win choice if you ask me. What makes being a LEO so damn tough! Heart breaks for all involved:(

hb712

Established Member
Look at the hands, always at the hands. This one was easily preventable.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Read about this earlier. Super scary. About a year or two ago I was driving passed a gas station that had a bunch of cops at it right after I go by, cop flies up behind me and pulls me over. Comes up to the window gun drawn and asks to see my hands where I've been and where I'm going. Apparently someone got jumped at the gas station and beat pretty good whenever I went by, a witness said it was me. I explain to him that I'm going to pick up my little brother and I've got a hot pizza in the front seat to prove where I've been. So he lets me go. Then I pick up my little brother and go back by the gas station. Exact same thing happens. Three cop cars pull me over one of them was the same cop. Drag my brother and I out of the truck and put us up against the tailgate with a gun to my back. Pulls out my license and verifies that he already stopped me. One of the scariest moments of my life. I don't trust anyone with a gun to my back.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Tosh.o?

That name sounds familiar, someone with that sn on here?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
This was a post from Reddit which made me chuckle when I was reading about this.

Lets put 30 seconds on the clock and see how many jokes we can make.

• Well, guess I won't be getting that coffee I told him to get me.
  • Obviously the cops were stopping the bigger crime of being such a pansy. Get back in there and take your stabbing like a man!
  • With cops this stupid, looks like I'll be going Kevlar for next season's wardrobe.
  • Only thing worse than getting shot? Getting shot because you were mistaken for a douche with plucked eyebrows and a powdered-on mustache.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Read about this earlier. Super scary. About a year or two ago I was driving passed a gas station that had a bunch of cops at it right after I go by, cop flies up behind me and pulls me over. Comes up to the window gun drawn and asks to see my hands where I've been and where I'm going. Apparently someone got jumped at the gas station and beat pretty good whenever I went by, a witness said it was me. I explain to him that I'm going to pick up my little brother and I've got a hot pizza in the front seat to prove where I've been. So he lets me go. Then I pick up my little brother and go back by the gas station. Exact same thing happens. Three cop cars pull me over one of them was the same cop. Drag my brother and I out of the truck and put us up against the tailgate with a gun to my back. Pulls out my license and verifies that he already stopped me. One of the scariest moments of my life. I don't trust anyone with a gun to my back.
Obviously that witness wasn't worth a shit if they didn't even know the person they were looking for.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This was a post from Reddit which made me chuckle when I was reading about this.

Lets put 30 seconds on the clock and see how many jokes we can make.

• Well, guess I won't be getting that coffee I told him to get me.
  • Obviously the cops were stopping the bigger crime of being such a pansy. Get back in there and take your stabbing like a man!
  • With cops this stupid, looks like I'll be going Kevlar for next season's wardrobe.
  • Only thing worse than getting shot? Getting shot because you were mistaken for a douche with plucked eyebrows and a powdered-on mustache.

Soooo wrong!!! Soooooo funny.... Lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread