Cop shoots 70 year old man during traffic stop mistaking his cane for a shotgun

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Trigger happy ****ing pig. This shit is ridiculous. First a Wii controller and now a cane.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I know this is likely going to get locked since its a dupe but I dont fault the cop one bit. Sad situation yea but not the cops fault IMO.

oldmodman

Established Member
There is only one way to prevent all these people getting wounded and killed by frightened officers when they had a cane, cell phone, walkman, or cigar in their hands.

Take away the police department's firearms. Or make it murder if an officer fires on an unarmed civilian. Life in prison. Period.
If they get an automatic pass for shooting someone that was not a real threat then remove their ability to kill you in the first place.

Unlikely?
Impossible?

Then it's just the luck of the draw if any of us make it home tomorrow night.
If we get pulled over and a glint of light reflects off a button and the cop can shoot you dead on the spot and get away with it.
Then the public must insist on some method of creating a buffer between the "perceived threat" and shooting you dead.

Maybe a computer controlled holster that won't allow a draw until after it registers an impact on a vest. Or a microphone that can accurately register a gunshot near an officer, then allow the gun to be drawn.

Undoubtedly this will be an unpopular or unexceptable concept to a lot of people on here. But I am getting awfully tired of reading and seeing all the reports about non criminal civilians being shot or beaten by the people that ask for the publics trust. And demand their obedience to any command, lawful or not.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Woah, unfortunate, but he's not dead. The guy got out of his truck and reached for something in his bed, I would expect to be shot if I did that.

But not being able to pull their weapon till their shot or shot at is a pretty horrible idea IMO, but hold them accountable for their actions.

IMO you shouldn't be able to become an officer till you're atleast 25.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
How many of you calling for this officer's head would do anything different? Better yet, how many of you have ever been in any situation where you had to make a split second decision in any situation similar to this? I bet none! Playing COD or BF4 does not count. Until you have been in that type of situation you should leave judgement to those who have. Maybe you will be happy when all cops are dead so you can get away with breaking the law.

The old man failed to follow the instructions and warnings from the officer and he grabbed an object from the bed of the truck that the officer could not readily identify in the situation. It is a bad outcome but, 99 out of 100 officers would do the same.

It is repeated over and over about how to act at a stop for both your safety and that of the officer. Wanna do everything they tell you not to do? Well, win stupid prizes for stupid actions.

Gotta love all the security and law experts on the interwebz.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It is repeated over and over about how to act at a stop for both your safety and that of the officer. Wanna do everything they tell you not to do? Well, win stupid prizes for stupid actions.

Gotta love all the security and law experts on the interwebz.

You know what is stupid, being unable to treat individual situations as just that. Older people are inclined to do things that don't follow your text book definition of normal, that is common knowledge. Only someone lacking common sense wouldn't be able to take that common knowledge and apply it to this situation. It looked like a cane in the crappy video so I'm sure it really looked like a cane in real life. But this trigger happy dip shit with no common sense decided to draw down on an elderly man getting out of a ****ing Toyota. I guess the cane looked like a shotgun and the old white guy looked like a young black male and the toyota truck looked like a ghetto cruiser.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Im not gonna waste my time showing you the countless videos that unfold very similiar to this that result in Police funerals.

No please find us some videos of elderly men gunning down officers to support the myth that being a cop is a dangerous job. Most officers are killed in car accidents and they still aren't on the top 10 list. My friend who does sales for Shire Pharmaceuticals has a more dangerous job.

itSSlow98

Established Member
No please find us some videos of elderly men gunning down officers to support the myth that being a cop is a dangerous job. Most officers are killed in car accidents and they still aren't on the top 10 list. My friend who does sales for Shire Pharmaceuticals has a more dangerous job.

Unless he's selling crack in Harlem thats hilarious. What agency do you work for? And what branch of the military do you serve?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You know what is stupid, being unable to treat individual situations as just that. Older people are inclined to do things that don't follow your text book definition of normal, that is common knowledge. Only someone lacking common sense wouldn't be able to take that common knowledge and apply it to this situation. It looked like a cane in the crappy video so I'm sure it really looked like a cane in real life. But this trigger happy dip shit with no common sense decided to draw down on an elderly man getting out of a ****ing Toyota. I guess the cane looked like a shotgun and the old white guy looked like a young black male and the toyota truck looked like a ghetto cruiser.

Teens and 20 year olds are inclined to not do the norm; she we treat them as if they would not committ acts of violence?

How many times have you been shot at?

Do you know this officer's history? Does age mean a person is no longer capable of violent acts? Do criminals not drive Toyotas?

He made a decision that is required to be made in a split second. What experience do you have in similar settings?

These decisions are not easy and hind sight is always 20/20.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Here you go ****tard! No danger in this job, it's just a "MYTH." You have zero idea the challenges one faces while doing this job.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...c910ORyLvHFrO2PnQ&sig2=wgC94AJPdv88cj9zKWCOMg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...S6OGajBbeD8CSY0ZQ&sig2=Cd3CtAgwRFGTbEHaN34Gzg

Last edited:

Johnf78

Established Member
Please just stop it with the "danger on the job" excuses all the time. Every single police officer chooses to be a police officer period! And no they shouldn't wait until they are fired on but officers are trained well and need to identify whether it is a WEAPON before they fire. Just stop with all the split second decision b.s. And they 9 out of 10 would have done the same. Wrong! They are plenty of fine officers out there that would never be that trigger happy. Bottom line is it was a poor decision made to quickly out of fear. He should not be an officer. I never want to be in that situation. I would never be a police officer. He decided to be one. He is and should be held to a higher standard it is the job he decided to take.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
75% of the "**** the police" posters in this post would be the same ones hiding under the bed pointing out the direction they heard the noise haha

Users who are viewing this thread