Cop goes nuts on conceal carry guy

MLMike25

Established Member
Starts about 7 min in.

The cop is absolutely correct to be upset about not being notified, but this guy crosses the line with the threats...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc&feature=player_embedded"]‪Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
the driver should have told the 2nd officer when he entered the car.

but that first cop has some roid rage issues.

It said in the video that when he spoke to the officer searching his car he was told not to speak.

hb712

Established Member
The driver messed up to a point, but to be clear Ohio's law is very ambiguous on the notification requirement.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
He should have told that cop that was in the car in the beginning. I understand the cops point, but holly hell. That one cop shouldn't have a badge for losing it like. Losing his badge would be for his own good he is either going to hurt someone or they are going to hurt him.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
He should have told that cop that was in the car in the beginning. I understand the cops point, but holly hell. That one cop shouldn't have a badge for losing it like. Losing his badge would be for his own good he is either going to hurt someone or they are going to hurt him.

:shrug:

the driver should have told the 2nd officer when he entered the car.

but that first cop has some roid rage issues.

It said in the video that when he spoke to the officer searching his car he was told not to speak.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
both are wrong. should have declared weapon, and cop is nuts...

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
SHOUT IT OUT LOUD, if you have to. or wave the thing in the 2nd cops face while he was in the back seat.

and when the first cop did approach him the guy went on a rant about sweeping services instead of saying I have a CHL.

The bottom line is when he was TOLD TO TALK by the cops the first words out of the guys mouth were not "I have a CHL."

But there is NO excuse for how that cop acted. He is a loose cannon for sure.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Please look at the video, he started to tell the LEO, but was stopped by the LEO.

I watched the video dude.
There was a point in the video where he was allowed to speak freely. When he started to speak freely, he did not mention the gun RIGHT away. He went into how he "knew" the girl and talking about who he worked for and why he was there.

Instead of all the crap he could have easily said, I have a CHL.

He sort of started to, saying "Ive never had to do this before". But he just started rambling about other shit.

He had his chance to declare, and he didnt.

Still no excuse for that dumbass cop making every cop look bad.

Bronze123

Established Member
i would have yelled it at the top of my lungs. but this is damn near a felony stop, the officers had control and wanted it that way.

i donated to the cause for legal fees. officer doesn't need to treat people in that matter

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Cop clearly lost his job with that comment, "I could of put ten bullets in your ass, and I wouldn't loose a night of sleep" and something about "execution". Thank GOD for video camera's these days, if this was word of mouth, cop would be right all the time.

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Anyone with half a brain, and a CCL, wouldn't be driving through a shit area of town, be pulled over speaking to a prostitute, in the wee hours of the night. That alone is asking for trouble. That was driver mistake #1.

The driver should have IMMEDIATELY spoken out, and said he had a CCL. That makes driver mistake #2.

But, the cop was WAY out of line for what he said, and how he handled the situation too.

Many mistakes in that video... But not just on the cop's side.

Users who are viewing this thread