Cooper RS3-A ?

archerychamp3d

Established Member
anybody run the cooper rs3-a tires? good or bad ?
My 2012 gt with 18's is my DD and I'm about to need my second set of tires. 97,500mi on it. first set was the stock pirelli's they were ok. now i have nitto nt555's they are ok too, maybe not quite as good in the rain but lasted a lot longer. i hit a piece of metal in the road coming through columbia about a year ago and plugged the side wall with a tire repair kit and it has held together for about 45k mi.

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I have run a 275/40 19 all around of them for about 5,000 street miles. They are not a drag radial but the are definitely comparable to a good summer tire. It hasn't been to cold here in North Carolina but they have seen a couple 40 degree mornings and held up good then too. Rain is absolutely no problem, that hurricane dumped on us for days and I never had one problem at highways speeds or taking off hard.
I would say for a daily they are a great all season that performs as well as most of the cheap summers out there.
If you can't afford a second set for track though these are not for you. They don't do well from a dead hook obviously.

Hope this helps.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Thanks for all the help and input.
I want hydroplaning resistance as number one. then long tread life and decent looking. As for traction I feel like I my as well just get a set of drag radials when I make a track outing.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have the RS3-A, they are 100% better than the stock Pirelli's as far as both road noise and wet weather traction go.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I ran these tires on my car and love them. They hooked up pretty good and last for a long time. They even hooked fairly well when i put my converter in my car and its the Circle D 4c.

Dave07

Established Member
I have them on my car as well. They are a great All-Season tire, better than the stock Pirellis in every aspect. Everytime I hit a puddle at highway speeds with the stock Pirellis I felt like I was going to lose it. With the Cooper RS3-A's I don't get that feeling anymore.

basspro302

Established Member
I run the rs3-s version in 305/35r20 on the rear they actually do great in the rain. When the tires are cold they don't hook and when they are new they spin like crazy. When you heat them up the hook pretty good. I only paid 650 for all 4 so I can't complain. If you don't get snow I would recommend the s version if your looking for a sticky compound without having to worry about hydroplaning. I put my drs on for track duty tho.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
For what you are looking at the General Gmax is something you should consider. I've been running them for almost 20k miles and I like them. Still look new too. I even made a thread bragging on them a while ago

Users who are viewing this thread