Cooling the kb

Ryan427

Established Member
I don't know if this is the best place to post this since it pertains to a couple different areas but I figured you guys would let me know if it was wrong. Ok this is my question I want to put it out there and see if it just dumb or if it might work. I have a 2.6 kb on my 2v. I found a great deal on a Mach 1 hood and shaker system. I'm wondering if after I get it all on (custom make all the brackets) if I could cut the bottom out of the shaker so it just blows cool air strait on my blower. Do you think I would benefit at all from this or would it only be good for looking at ( that really what I'm going for is the look of the shaker and the "shake"). I will have a front mount and all that just was wondering if it would even be worth the trouble of modifying the shaker. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

racebronco2

Established Member
It's not going to make any difference at all. The heat is generated under the blower and rises up thru the blower. Bring the engine and ait2's down.

troymach1one

Established Member
I can see the heat coming out of the front of the shaker after I shut the car down. The air does blow on the top of the blower but I suspect it would not be worth the time or cost.

mstngcobra46

Established Member
I don't think the difference would be noticeable. I've got the same problem on a 97 since I can't fit an intercooler for the kb. I'm not sure what yr your car is, but do they make an intercooler for it?

Ryan427

Established Member
Mine is a 2000. They make a front mount kit which I'm going to get for sure but I have been told that the kb 2.6 won't fit under my factory hood and I'm not sure if it will fit under a shaker system either. I was just wanting to push a little air down on the supercharger with an open bottom shaker system but didn't know if it would do any good or not.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

NoviGT2000

Established Member
Get a killer chiller and you will fix your issue. And or, get a heat exchanger were you can run fans on them. Seems to also help out.

Users who are viewing this thread