Cooling fan

crunkstang1214

Established Member
Ok say your cooling fan comes on in traffic. When you start driving does the fan cut off. Say the fan moves x number of air. Does it cut off when you reach a MPH that moves more air than the fan does:shrug: or does it stay on untill the temp drops enough to cut it off? It looks like it would do that but it would be constantly cuting off and on in traffic. Im just thinking out loud.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So yours is cutting on and off, right? How often? Mine I believe used to do that but I can't remember how frequent the on-off-on-off was.

crunkstang1214

Established Member
The reason i asked is i dont have a tuner to set my cooling fan temps lower so i put a manual switch in to cut the high speed fan on early. just like people some did in the 96cobras. I just wanted to know if i needed to turn it off when i started driving up to speed.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
The fan function is not speed sensitive as far as I know. Those fans move a lot of air, even when the car is moving.

It's important not to set your fan settings too low; you run the risk of burning them out prematurely. With the Reische Performance 170 thermostat I have mine set at 178 for low, and 186 for high. If you have a stock thermostat, it would look more like 186-188 for the low speed and 194-196 for the high speed.

crunkstang1214

Established Member
The fan function is not speed sensitive as far as I know. Those fans move a lot of air, even when the car is moving.

It's important not to set your fan settings too low; you run the risk of burning them out prematurely. With the Reische Performance 170 thermostat I have mine set at 178 for low, and 186 for high. If you have a stock thermostat, it would look more like 186-188 for the low speed and 194-196 for the high speed.

Ok thank you:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread