coolant type

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
I have been looking on here at some of your beautiful cars and I've noticed that there is quite a few of you using a lighter greenish?bluish blower coolant. What is it? does it work better than normal? I see it in the S/C coolant res on here and I want it. I'm newish and still learning about the Termi but really want this coolant (if it works). Please tell me what it is.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Some of us have earlier cars that came with the green stuff. Stick with what you have in there now.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
stick with what you have in the radiator. you either have green stuff or gold. Use the same in the I/C as your radiator. I mix mine with bottled water

Mine came with yellow. Switched it to green because it was cheaper. Then just went to Preston's green coolant. I know people have been spooked into avoiding changing the color it came with, but I honestly can't say I've ever seen anything when changing my fluid to suggest the mixinf of colors is doing something harmful.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
By the time I got my car coolant was green. There's nothing wrong with changing it if you want to, just do a good flush.

I'm currently using Preston's 50/50

SpectorV

Established Member
mine had ford gold, I drained every inch of it when I did my last change (back in 07) and put any fill prestone in it... about time for another change though :(

Users who are viewing this thread