Coolant Tanks

93VORTECH

Established Member
Hey guys just getting my Christmas List ideas all lined up. I was looking into getting these Coolant Expansion Tanks. How's the quality and do you guys recommend them? Also any noticeable temperature drops on the Charge Temp with the Intercooler Tank? Thanks

Attachments

• ccccccc.jpg
    ccccccc.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 453

cj428mach

Established Member
I bought a used lfp off the forum and it gets the job done but it doesn't have the bling of a TF tank.

One of the main concerns with some of the TF tanks is they have the wrong bung installed in the tank so the hoses have to really be pinched down to seal.

TxCobra76

Established Member
I was looking at the lethal performance ones. They look nice, wondering how good they were? Glad you answered that for me Kyle.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
They are all preference. Some argue that the larger ic tank is worse because there is more fluid to try and cool when it gets hot. All comes down to preference. I dont track my car, so the looks and benefit on the street was good enough for me.

93VORTECH

Established Member
They are all preference. Some argue that the larger ic tank is worse because there is more fluid to try and cool when it gets hot. All comes down to preference. I dont track my car, so the looks and benefit on the street was good enough for me.

Can we see a pic of your engine bay with the tanks?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I actually don't mind the look of the stock tanks, but the aftermarket tanks available are nice.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
If you can find a set, or swing the price of the True forged tanks, I'd highly recommend them.

When I had them in my car, people would talk about the tanks more than the TVS. LOL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've seen a lot of True Forged tanks here over the years. Very popular but not cheap. And the best looking IMO.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I have a tf intercooler tank and canton radiator. I love the looks of them, really helps the engine bay. However, I used to have a lethal I/c tank and that ones better than the true forged with the exception of the cap. My tf tank the drain digs right into my radiator hose so I have to put something in between the two so it doesn't wear a hole in the hose. The cap is nicer but wish they would have thought over the drain placement better. Here's a pic of mine. My setup will be for sale this spring. I'm switching to a trunk ice tank and getting rid of the coolant surgetank design.

83DC3D0C-4B75-4BB1-9620-B60E7EE5713F_zpsawnwmgbv.jpg

BlackedOut00

Established Member
I have the Lethal i/c tank and it's great. With the exception of the lower mounting tab being bent (was easily bent back into shape) when I got it, it's an easy mod that is totally worth it. Need to get the radiator one next...they really change up the look of the engine bay.

GodStang

Established Member
I have run all different expansion tanks and inter cooler tanks over the years. Unless you use them for packing ice they are more for looks than anything. I packed ice on one dyno run years ago into one of the tanks I had and picked up 50rwhp on that run compared to the one I did 5 mins earlier. Due to a new blower I had to pull my 1gallon BLWN03 tank and will most likely be doing a trunk tank here shortly.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Whats the difference between the Lethal/Moroso Expansion tank? Thinking about getting one in black

Users who are viewing this thread