Coolant Crossover Delete Questions

MTBSully

Established Member
Those who have done a crossover delete, what happens to the coolant line that runs down from the crossover to the thermostat? What about the one that runs from the bottom of the expansion tank to the thermostat? Do those both get deleted? What thermostat is everyone running?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the on3/modular speed delete uses a thermostat for a GM 350.

with the delete setup you need to do something with that lower hose. You can either gut the housing and somehow capoff the connection to the line coming down from the top youre talking about or it seems like most people get a regular GT mustang lower hose to run from radiator to the block. It will have a hose that Ts off to go to the degas bottle

MTBSully

Established Member
the on3/modular speed delete uses a thermostat for a GM 350.

with the delete setup you need to do something with that lower hose. You can either gut the housing and somehow capoff the connection to the line coming down from the top youre talking about or it seems like most people get a regular GT mustang lower hose to run from radiator to the block. It will have a hose that Ts off to go to the degas bottle

Anybody have any pictures?

tnuce10

Established Member
Some good info and links in here.

DSG2003Mach1 - your link wouldn't work for me, but I would like to see the picture. Could you try posting it again?

MGC

Established Member
I still have the crossover but deleted the thermostat in the lower hose and run a inline housing with a gm t-stat in the upper hose. I blocked off the return (hose that goes down and back to the t-stat in the lower hose), drilled 2 holes in the inline t-stat, I run a gt lower radiator hose, with the t connected to a moroso expansion tank. Expansion tank has 2 barbs on it, the bottom connects to the t off the gt lower hose and the top one connects to the small barb on the radiator. Car runs perfect now, it was overheating with the return so close to the downpipe. Hope that explains it. Here is a pic for some clarification:

IMG_0795_zps5b1ce430.jpg

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
I still have the crossover but deleted the thermostat in the lower hose and run a inline housing with a gm t-stat in the upper hose. I blocked off the return (hose that goes down and back to the t-stat in the lower hose), drilled 2 holes in the inline t-stat, I run a gt lower radiator hose, with the t connected to a moroso expansion tank. Expansion tank has 2 barbs on it, the bottom connects to the t off the gt lower hose and the top one connects to the small barb on the radiator. Car runs perfect now, it was overheating with the return so close to the downpipe. Hope that explains it. Here is a pic for some clarification:

IMG_0795_zps5b1ce430.jpg

Think I finally get it haha. More room now if i decide to do front bumper downpipe too! haha

MTBSully

Established Member
Ordered the kit lastThursday and got my GT lower radiator hoses and LT1 camaro 180 degree thermostat as well. Will post pictures once everything is installed.

tnuce10

Established Member
Please do. I just realized I must move my oil filter, so when I order that kit I am thinking about getting the crossover delete and HCM from On3.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I'm trying to find what will work for me, coolant setup-wise. I really don't want to put that ugly tank back on hiding my turbo. I'm thinking of just plumbing this tank I have the same way the stock one is ran, it's just smaller, you think I'll have a problem with it? (I'm cleaning up this tank a bit before installing of course)
083d68910457a56a1c5aeb9dd3e8f53b.jpg

3ced2049603bbdacf3516ed96ec9c049.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
from what Ive read Im going to start with one small hole, make sure that hole is at the top of the thermostat housing so air can get through as well if need be although from what Ive seen everyone claims this eliminates the burping issues as well

MTBSully

Established Member
from what Ive read Im going to start with one small hole, make sure that hole is at the top of the thermostat housing so air can get through as well if need be although from what Ive seen everyone claims this eliminates the burping issues as well

Thermostats are cheap. Thats probably what I will try first.

Users who are viewing this thread