Coolant Crossover Delete Questions

MTBSully

Established Member
Looking to clean up that mess of an area near the factory thermostat. Awful crowded down there with my downpipe, and I would also like to replace the factory radiator hose with some braided line. looks like coolant crossover delete is the way to go, no? Questions:

1. What kit should I buy? Is it cheaper to make my own AN lines or just buy them? What sizes?

2. Do you then just run a single rubber hose from the bottom of the radiator to the oil cooler?

Anything else I should know?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
I got mine from ipsco and had him make it to where it screwed onto the radiator. I got the head fittings from on3. You'll just need to purchase a gt radiator hose and make the an lines for the fittings. U might have to cut the hose to fit the cooler, but it shouldn't be difficult.

cyclegrip

Established Member
I just put the mmr crossover delete with fill in my car and the mmr inline thermostat. Did it ever clean it up, my car isn't finished yet to tell you how it work but it looks a lot nicer

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I have the MMR with the inline thermostat and I deleted the bypass line. We had to drill the t-stat to allow coolant to pass through because it was just building too much pressure on the top side before the stat got warm enough to open on the bottom side and it boiled over up top.

I'm actually taking it all off and going with the on3 kit instead.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I have the MMR with the inline thermostat and I deleted the bypass line. We had to drill the t-stat to allow coolant to pass through because it was just building too much pressure on the top side before the stat got warm enough to open on the bottom side and it boiled over up top.

I'm actually taking it all off and going with the on3 kit instead.
This is the exact reason I custom made my own with the tork tech thermostat relocation piece. Was able to use a reische thermostat and clean it up at the same time.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Then system was just burped so there is coolant all over the engine bay so don't mind how dirty it is.

cobraengine.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the on3 delete setup is by far the best looking/cleanest looking solution IMHO. Didnt get a chance to install mine but there are a few threads on the corral and modular fords with more info on temps and such

MTBSully

Established Member
the on3 delete setup is by far the best looking/cleanest looking solution IMHO. Didnt get a chance to install mine but there are a few threads on the corral and modular fords with more info on temps and such

Could we trouble you for a link? What thermostat is everyone running?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Those that have these setups, how are your temperatures for regular driving?

Mine keeps the system as is from the factory with the coolant return. There are zero issues with temp. The on3/MMR don't have a return and so you have to drill holes in the thermostat to allow coolant to flow through when the system is closed. The on3/MMR cars typically take longer to warm up as long as the correct holes are drilled and that's about the only change.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
info is scattered about in some of these threads

http://forums.corral.net/forums/mod...4v-crossover-delete-cooling-modification.html

I started this thread but hurt the motor before installing it so Im at a standstill on providing more info

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt...ular-speed-coolant-crossover-info-thread.html

didnt have time to skim it but I believe there is also info in this thread

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/160562-Simplify-your-cooling-system?highlight=cooling+system

you can also look for posts by user modularspeed (modular speed with a space?)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
info is scattered about in some of these threads

http://forums.corral.net/forums/mod...4v-crossover-delete-cooling-modification.html

I started this thread but hurt the motor before installing it so Im at a standstill on providing more info

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt...ular-speed-coolant-crossover-info-thread.html

didnt have time to skim it but I believe there is also info in this thread

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/160562-Simplify-your-cooling-system?highlight=cooling+system

you can also look for posts by user modularspeed (modular speed with a space?)

cyclegrip

Established Member
Question for you guys, I have the mmr kit and I was just gonna run no expansion tank, run a line from the y piece with cap hose barb into the top of the radiator where it has the barb sticking out

My question is can I do this

Senator

Dude....Seriously?
Established Member
Could we trouble you for a link? What thermostat is everyone running?

350 SBC thermostat (180 degree).
If your local auto parts guy is mechanically handicapped, have him get you a thermostat for a 97 Z28 Camaro.
Just make sure it's the one with the thicker gasket.

I'm still having an issue with my brand new Precision, so I can't comment on operating temps yet.

landonvan

Established Member
CYCLEGRIP..... I tried doing that and I had issues. First I ran it with no expansion tank and I would loose fluid. Then I ran it just as you described and car would overheat still.
So I finally put in a canton expansion tank and caped the bottom, ran the overflow from the Y to the canton. Then tapped the bottom of the canton and ran a line to the upper radiator.
From what MMR told me the system needs to be able to expand. When the coolant gets hot it expands. So when it expands and goes into the overflow tank and then cools and gets sucked back into the motor you won't get air in it over time. Ill take some pics.
I put the 170* thermostat in with 2 holes drilled for bypass. Car runs great never goes over 200*. even in florida heat.

Users who are viewing this thread