cool vette commercial

dolphinron

Established Member
I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but I thought that was a pretty cool commercial showing the new Vette and other new cars chevy has. I liked when the SST truck flips around and backs up and on the truck ramp. I don't know why Ford never shows off the Cobra's like that. The new Vette looks pretty good if you ask me.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by dolphinron
I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but I thought that was a pretty cool commercial showing the new Vette and other new cars chevy has. I liked when the SST truck flips around and backs up and on the truck ramp. I don't know why Ford never shows off the Cobra's like that. The new Vette looks pretty good if you ask me.
Maybe Ford doesn' t do a commercial because they don't have to. The Mustang and Cobra are good sellers with the advertising that Ford does do. It sounds like Chevy is doing what they should have done when the Camaro was alive. They really needed some good marketing/advertising to keep it going but failed to do so. Just a thought.

KDog

Established Member
Saw it, found it interesting the order they put the cars in. Ford has the SVT cobra, focus and lightning. First three cars on that commercial were a vette, small hatchback aveo, and one of the truck lines. Maybe it's just coincidence. hehe..

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Re: Re: cool vette commercial

Originally posted by CobraBob
Maybe Ford doesn' t do a commercial because they don't have to. The Mustang and Cobra are good sellers with the advertising that Ford does do. It sounds like Chevy is doing what they should have done when the Camaro was alive. They really needed some good marketing/advertising to keep it going but failed to do so. Just a thought.
I agree...the sales of Mustangs tripled that of the Camaro and I can't tell you the last time I saw a Mustang commercial.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
It sure would be nice but I dont think they every have advertised the Cobra that I have saw. Seems like SVT for awhile was on its own like a sink or swim division.

I work in a factory set up now and know how this stuff seems to work or happens when your looking at profit margins for assembly lines. Its all under one roof but they start charging internally and put overhead cost in for the buget meeting.

I think we have been a small enough crowd (SVT owners). We know more than the people at the dealers. I think with SVT getting larger we will see comercials though. For the flag ships like the GM comercial. Dont have to advertise like the F150 10 top reasons to buy. They will just show the cars off like Gm does for vetts and chry does with viper. Just my thoughts.

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Cool commercial, saw it a few days ago. They shoulda had the vette doing the spinning around. That woulda been a lot more bad ass then the ssr doin it.

Users who are viewing this thread