cool question i was asked on a date once, what is your answer

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
ok if you could change one thing in your life that you would like to be different, what would it be and why?

mine would be that i didnt treat my high school sweat heart like shit and help to ruin a very long relationship with someone that i dearly loved. it wasnt all my fault but I know i did alot of things to help it go down the shitter. well why should be obvious.

(i started the post so i get to put my other big one) :rockon:

other one is i wish two of my best friends would be friends again. They got in this huge fight over a problem with ones wife's opinion about the others relationship to his gf. well they broke up and he thinks it is my buds wifes fault. It just really sucks because they are my best buds and it is so hard to split my time between them when for years we would all hang out together. I am working on fixing the friendship but it would be great if it just never happened.

lets hear yall thoughts.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Mines kinda similar to your first, right now its still kinda ongoing though, this girl is my life, and yea yea, Im young, but maybe its just that feeling I have when Im around her. People say its the comfort zone thing, nah, Im head over heels in love with this girl, and I screwed it up for the most part, and right now, we still hang out a good bit, and there are still feelings, she just wants to be sure that she still feels the same, and she's kinda scared of getting hurt again, and for that I cant blame her. I just want it to be the same.

I guess I wouldnt say this on a date, so I guess Id say I wish I hadnt bought my car as early as I did, and saved the money for some other stuff, like invest it, oh well.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
I wish I would have taken grade school and high school alot more seriously. Went off to a nice college and gotten a degree. Mostly the college part. I have always felt like I missed out on a great experience with the college deal.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
well i was asked it awhile ago, i gave the second answer but in my mind the true answer was the first one i listed.

i asked other people and girls that question and it always sparks a good conversation, guess it aint working to well here.

1slosvt

Established Member
Honestly, I can't think of anything I'd change. I may not be rich or anything but I'm pretty happy with what I've got and who I am. Sure sucky things have happened to me but it's just part of life. "You live, you learn."

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
REPOEDsDIME said:
I wish I would have taken grade school and high school alot more seriously. Went off to a nice college and gotten a degree. Mostly the college part. I have always felt like I missed out on a great experience with the college deal.
+1.

Wish I didnt drop out of college, they started a hockey team shortly after I left; which Im sure I could have made it with ease. On the same note, I wish I played football all 4yrs in HS also, a stopped after frosh, to focus on hockey.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Only thing I really regret is never dating, though its not like anything is holding me back now. (Call me a coward or a pussy or whatever makes you feel better. :p )

I DO NOT regret not doing good in highschool. I graduated with a 1.4GPA. I was last in my class. One of my better friends had a 4.125GPA out of highschool, one of the top in our class... 5 years down the road, now, my friend works at Starbucks for 8 bucks an hour, goes into work stoned, and when he isnt working he's normally at home toking up or strung out on cocain. Needless to say he didnt make it through college. Meanwhile Mr. 1.4GPA, me, is just about ready to finish up his 3rd year of college.

What an interesting society we all live in. :rolling:

Last edited:

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
I would have made better grades my freshman year, that would have raised my GPA enough to go to the Air Force Academy the first try, then since I didn't when I was offered a second chance (going through the prep school) I would have taken that chance.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Nothing, I believe if I were to change anything I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I probably wouldn't have the love of my life as my wife and thus wouldn't have my beautiful daughter and soon baby boy.

oldmodman

Established Member
Mine was easy,
I play the stock market and the only thing that I would change would be one trade that I made in 1989.
I had been trading in and out of CISCO SYSTEMS. If I had just held my last trade for exactly 10 years that one trade, cost 124,242 would have been worth 238,000,000 on the same day in 1999. Even if i had held it untill it hit bottom in 2003 it still would have been worth 38,000,000
Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda :bash:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
wish i did better in highschool, wish i did better at the jc..... now i'm 19 (2 years out of highschool) and working fulltime, not sure exactly what i want to do, but i kinda dont see myself going back to school

cobra29svt

Established Member
well, i wish i didnt cheat on every girl i ever dated.i also wish that i played football and baseball all threw high school instead of just playing my freshman year and getting in trouble the next 3 years. evrytime i watch kids playing sports, i miss it sooo bad. i think im gonna coach a little league team w/in the next year or so.i definatley dont regret not getting good grades in high school (1.6 gpa). i went to trade school for 3 years for carpentry and now ive started my own plumbing business(go figure) and expect to make about 200k this year and maybe 400k in about 2 years. all of my friends who went to collage make under 40k

Last edited:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Wow, that's a pretty deep question for a first date.

Last question I had on a date was: "On what part of my body do you wanna drain the vein?"

I think I need to start dating different girls.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I'd change nothing.
Maybe opening this thread ;-)
j/k

I dunno, way I see it I'm still young, and everything in my past5 has shaped me, good or bad.
Maybe I would've worked harder in highschool.

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
I wish I would have made more and different friends in my these last few years of high school. I wish I would have partied more.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
thats a great question but i having a hard time finding a good answer. I would like to say i wish i never got onto my fourwheeler the day i crashed it and almost took my life and ended up making me stay in a hospital bed for 6+ months. And now having 4 (4" long) screws in my hip and a 10" plate in my arm with 8 screws. It sucked becuase it made me stop playing football which i loved and i had to stop playing baseball which i was pretty good at and was being scouted at an early age. However i cant say i wish i could take it back because i brought my family closer and it tought me you can do ANYTHING you set your heart on and bust your a$$ to do. I was given 99% odds that i would never walk again. I told the doc that your wrong sir im going to walk again and ill be back to snowboarding which i love and he told me it wouldnt be possible to ever do. And i am doing both of those things today.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I like where I am now and would still like to end up here, but I'd like to have been more active and had moire friends in high school or did more with my Air Force career. Either change would have made my life much different, and I most likely wouldn't be where I am now. So if I really had the chance to change the past I don't know if I actually would.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
madmatt said:
Mines kinda similar to your first, right now its still kinda ongoing though, this girl is my life, and yea yea, Im young, but maybe its just that feeling I have when Im around her. People say its the comfort zone thing, nah, Im head over heels in love with this girl, and I screwed it up for the most part, and right now, we still hang out a good bit, and there are still feelings, she just wants to be sure that she still feels the same, and she's kinda scared of getting hurt again, and for that I cant blame her. I just want it to be the same.

I guess I wouldnt say this on a date, so I guess Id say I wish I hadnt bought my car as early as I did, and saved the money for some other stuff, like invest it, oh well.

I'm right there with you in that boat :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
not smoking marijuana back in h.s.....i mean i know it's not that big of a deal but i'm going into the law enforcement field...so i have to tell them i actually did inhale....but it's been a long time since i've done that and all the leo's i have talked to said just answer honestly and i should be fine....so that's my one main regret

Users who are viewing this thread