convertible top gets puffy at highway speed

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
I bet if you lowered your top to between 1/2 and 3/4s of the way down, lifted the top above the rear window on the outside you would see that the staples have pulled out on the passenger side above the rear window, they are real thin 1/2 inch stainless steel staples and I believe this is a commen promblem with verts, fix? You could take it to a shop and maybe they will fix it,(some shops will) I understand a lot of the shops will try to sell you a new top. The stainless staples I have read are about 50.00 for 100 of them. Myself, there is only one shop here where I live and I was not going to buy a new top because mine is still in great shape so I pulled it back tight and restapled it with galvinized 1/2 inch staples, I now check it occasionally to see if they start rusting, so far they are not but if it appears they are then maybe I'll try sealing them with something. Still thinking about what and maybe someone hear has a suggestion?

Terry

ding ding ding we have a winner... this is whats wrong with mine. i took it to the vert guy and lifted the top halfway and looked and sure enough half the staples are missing and the other half are coming out. thanks for the info guys.
John:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread