Conversioin to power seat worth it?

califsp

Established Member
I have a 13 GT with Recaros. I just looked at the cost of the power seat base and other parts necessary for the conversion on Tousley. Since I would just do the driver's side it's almost $500. Is it worth it?

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
When I traded my 13 301a for my 14 300a I swapped the seat before turning in the 13 as the manual seat sat awkward and was only a 13lb difference but for $500, I don't think so...

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Only if a two driver car, kids use the backseat occasionally, or your seat track is notchy and hard to slide at points in the travel.

Paul.

Established Member
I have power/heated/adjustable lumbar Shelby Recaros in my 2011 GT. Worth every penny.

I say do it.

qik_pny

Established Member
I would look in the junk yard. I bought a wrecked car for the engine and it had a power passenger seat. So I just swapped everything over to my car. Had to add a power and ground wire to get the seat to work. Don't know if the drivers side would need wires added since yours didn't have a power seat.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wouldn't do it if the parts were given to me. I set my seat and rarely mess with it. Not worth the extra weight IMO.

Paul.

Established Member
I wouldn't do it if the parts were given to me. I set my seat and rarely mess with it. Not worth the extra weight IMO.

Nah. The power seats only weigh about 3-4 pounds more than manual ones. (I know because I've had the seats all apart and weighed everything when I did the conversion myself) The weight penalty isn't enough to really be concerned with it.

acrbill

Established Member
I have had both. Not sure if its worth $500 but get it from a junkyard for $150 and I would do it. I have the dual power heated seats in my 2011 and it makes a poverty car that much more livable.

Users who are viewing this thread