Contour all wheel drive

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Why does everyone think that because the Jaguar X-type has the same size engine as the Contour that it was built on the same plateform? Actually it wasn't and if you ever looked under the car you would know that. The rear end is not even remotely related to the Contour. The only thing that might be related to the contour is the engine block. Everything thing else is completely different. The Jaguar X-type shares platforms with the Lincoln LS not the Contour. If you want an AWD Contour look at the Ford 500 it looks like it has the possiblity to hook up.

Also I'm assuming you haven't looked at junk yard prices on Jaguar parts. They automatically add another $2,000 if the part comes from a Jaguar. It would be cheaper to buy a damn Jaguar. They are in the mid to low teens right now and are a huge bargain for anyone looking. Just turbo it and you have your dream car.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Blackcoog said:
Why does everyone think that because the Jaguar X-type has the same size engine as the Contour that it was built on the same plateform? Actually it wasn't and if you ever looked under the car you would know that. The rear end is not even remotely related to the Contour. The only thing that might be related to the contour is the engine block. Everything thing else is completely different. The Jaguar X-type shares platforms with the Lincoln LS not the Contour. If you want an AWD Contour look at the Ford 500 it looks like it has the possiblity to hook up.

Also I'm assuming you haven't looked at junk yard prices on Jaguar parts. They automatically add another $2,000 if the part comes from a Jaguar. It would be cheaper to buy a damn Jaguar. They are in the mid to low teens right now and are a huge bargain for anyone looking. Just turbo it and you have your dream car.

Actually the Xtype is built off the latest Mondeo platform which is a Contour. The LS shares its fundamentals with the Stype, Thunderbird, and the new Mustang. The Ford 500 and Mercury Montego are built off Volvo platforms and share nothing with the Contour. The Fusion/Milan/Zephyr or based off the Mazda 6. The Focus is entirely its own, which is bad as it should be using the Mazda 3/Volvo S40 chassis.

95sleeper2b

Established Member
right

inteller said:
Yeah, I can do a turbo'd AWD Contour.....for about 30k.

I'll even throw in an in dash navigation system.

Its called a Mazdaspeed6.

Good call... :coolman: :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread