console finally done

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
Well it has been almost a year since i've started working on this thing and its finally done. Let me say that it didn't actually take a year to do but if everything was done in sequence it probably would have taken me 2 weeks or so. All I can say is this thing came out amazing and did all the work myself, minus the paint. So enough talk heres the pics. When the cup holder piece pics show up I haven't actually snapped that piece down in place yet because i have to wire up the guages when it finally goes in the truck.

pile of sanded and primed parts...i never want to sand again but i know i will
interior003.jpg

cupholder piece modified for guages and air ride controls
interior002.jpg

getting there now
interior004.jpg

so shiny i can see myself
interior008.jpg

lid i covered myself, first time for this and came out good i think
interior007.jpg

overhead piece partially put back together, will go nicely with the new suade headliner (will have pics later)
interior011.jpg

interior012.jpg

interior013.jpg

sneak peak before i set it on the console
interior014.jpg

close up...i need more guages
interior017.jpg

cupholder piece resting on the top (not snapped down because i have to wire the guages after i put it in the truck)
interior020.jpg

arial view
interior021.jpg

I haven't posted in a while, the trucks been in the garage torn apart for a bit. Let me know what you think.

qurtrn10

Established Member
Great job! How did you go about cutting the holes for the air ride so precisely? If I were to try that, it would look like a 6 year old tried it. Can wait to see it installed.

And show us the suede headliner, too!

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
Great job! How did you go about cutting the holes for the air ride so precisely? If I were to try that, it would look like a 6 year old tried it. Can wait to see it installed.

And show us the suede headliner, too!

the air ride came with a cover plate that is meant to be mounted to cover up the square hole you make somewhere to mount it. I simply took that plate and flush mounted it with the console and then molded it in so it was seamless.

thanks for the compliments guys....and hope to have installed pics soon when i finally get her out of the garage.

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
bought the console on ebay a while ago, there is a junkyard that always has them on there...i forgot the name of the place. It started out tan with coffee stains everywhere, lol.

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
looks deadly man, well done

I love how you tilted the gauge bezels to face towards you instead of being flush

Last edited:

2tonOfun

Established Member
Yeah, that is really nice work! That's something you can be proud of every time you plop your ass down in that seat.
Very impressive.
I bet people would pay REALLY good money for a finished product like that.
:beer:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Damn! That is the first console I've ever seen that will need its own coat of wax on it. :banana: That is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread