Considering Torco

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
Hey SVTP

Well my new motor is broken in and ready for the tune. I am considering torco since I ruled out E85 isn't practical for me and I have a torco dealer not 10 mins away from me. My setup is in my sig. With the 2.93 upper 4lb lower combo I should be around 15 psi. I am just looking for opinions on torco with a combo of this crappy 91 Cali gas. I plan on having 2 separate tunes, a street tune using only 91 pump gas and a race tune of 91 pump with torco.

Thanks

Quick Strike

Established Member
Mine has three tunes: street with a splash of Torco for insurance, aggressive street with 32 oz of Torco per tank and race with 48 oz per tank. The only downside has been needing to change the plugs more frequently in n the last five years. Torco will allow you to run more boost and timing without detonation, but your blower is already close to maxed out with that pulley combination.

stangfreak

Established Member
Not a fan of torco at all. Like other members on here have said, I wouldnt even put it in my lawn mower. But hey, some have good experience with it. Me? race gas or e85. No mixing x amount to y amount of gas. Just me though

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hey SVTP

Well my new motor is broken in and ready for the tune. I am considering torco since I ruled out E85 isn't practical for me and I have a torco dealer not 10 mins away from me. My setup is in my sig. With the 2.93 upper 4lb lower combo I should be around 15 psi. I am just looking for opinions on torco with a combo of this crappy 91 Cali gas. I plan on having 2 separate tunes, a street tune using only 91 pump gas and a race tune of 91 pump with torco.

Thanks

91 should be safe up to 16 psi without Torco. I wouldn't go any higher then that. 15 psi should give you a nice cushion against detonation. I would avoid putting additives in the gas unless you have to.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Done it to the tune of almost 750 RWHP for over 5 years with no ill effect on performance or wear. I would turn to people that have actually used it before believing the prejudice of those that have not.

Last edited:

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
I just want to prevent detonation and keep my motor safe, I'm running higher compression than stock, not much though. I am not exactly sure how much boost I actually peak at but I believe with that combo its 15 psi. If I don't need torco then I won't use it, but if it means I will save my motor when in WOT than I will.

Blueline

Established Member
I splash Torco in my tank as added insurance against a bad tank of gas etc. My last tuner recommended it becaus eI was around 18-19psi. on 93, it was cheap insurance. I asked my new tuner what he thought about me running it as insurance and he said its a good idea. My car wasnt tuned with Torco as a "race tune" or something, I just add it at every fill up to pick up the octane a bit.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
I agree with quick strike, many have used it with great success against detonation. I plan to use it as well.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I splash Torco in my tank as added insurance against a bad tank of gas etc. My last tuner recommended it becaus eI was around 18-19psi. on 93, it was cheap insurance. I asked my new tuner what he thought about me running it as insurance and he said its a good idea. My car wasnt tuned with Torco as a "race tune" or something, I just add it at every fill up to pick up the octane a bit.

I usually run about 8 gallons in my tank, how many ounces of Torco are you mixing with how many gallons? I'm thinking I could break a 32oz can into 3 fuelings of 8 gallons each, 11 ounces each time?

Blueline

Established Member
I usually run about 8 gallons in my tank, how many ounces of Torco are you mixing with how many gallons? I'm thinking I could break a 32oz can into 3 fuelings of 8 gallons each, 11 ounces each time?

Hey Craig, I used to just throw a bottle in at each fill up because I dont drive the car much, so that was putting me around 97 octane for 93. I have been thinking maybe just throwing 1/2 a bottle in at a fill up which should get me around 95 octane. But again, Im only using it as protection against any detonation from bad gas or something else.

MG01GT

Established Member
Im in Oceanside too, whos going to be doing your tuning? If your looking for some race gas in the 5 gallon jugs hit up North County Yamaha off the 78. They had a ton of them last time I was there. Might be a better option to use and last a little while longer VS the torco additive.

Users who are viewing this thread