Considering an E60 M5 - Advice/Thoughts?

kaz109

Established Member
No low end, 5.0 will give you all you can handle? So are you implying the 5.0 has no low end either? The M5 has a rated 0-60 in 4.1 secs which is faster than any stock 5.0 has achieved. Tq is not everything…… Drive one first with an SMG tranny using the launch control, you'll be amazed how strong it feels low end.

Torque is the only thing - MURICA

04svtterm

Established Member
E60 m5 is an amazing automobile. I can't believe people would consider the e55 over the m5. Not saying the E55 is a bad car, but that V10 in the M5 is an absolute dream to drive. Mine handled the abuse for 4 years like a champ. Like all cars, it's better to have it with warranty. MPG sucks when i'm firing on full HP, but what do people expect out of a v10 performance car. I was getting about 10-10.5 mpg during my "cruises" to car shows.

Gravik

Established Member
E60 M5. One of the best sounding cars. Ever.

[youtube_browser]vt1_OKkZzp4[/youtube_browser]

For that price range, since the M5 sold, I would get into a Boss 302.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
^^to me that sounds awful, no tone or anything. Just pure noise.
IDK, to me it sounds like sex! Bad ass sound especially since it keeps going and going and going.

[youtube_browser]rOwk--G-EVk[/youtube_browser]

kaz109

Established Member
Meisterschaft GT2 is the best setup for the S85 without question....on my phone so I can't post the link but it is just nasty

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
No low end, 5.0 will give you all you can handle? So are you implying the 5.0 has no low end either? The M5 has a rated 0-60 in 4.1 secs which is faster than any stock 5.0 has achieved. Tq is not everything…… Drive one first with an SMG tranny using the launch control, you'll be amazed how strong it feels low end.

whoa, mag racer status MASTER. if you've spend anytime in an E60 M5(which i have) you'd more understand what I'm saying. stock for stock a 5.0(or 5th gen) or cobro will give all an E60 can handle up to 120 or so. they are not a "low end" car. they are peaky high revving cars. under 4k on the tach it feels like a normal 5 series really.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
whoa, mag racer status MASTER. if you've spend anytime in an E60 M5(which i have) you'd more understand what I'm saying. stock for stock a 5.0(or 5th gen) or cobro will give all an E60 can handle up to 120 or so. they are not a "low end" car. they are peaky high revving cars. under 4k on the tach it feels like a normal 5 series really.
I did say my brother OWNS an E60 M5..... We own 4 BMW's in my family and at one point a 535i as well so im VERY familiar with them with their ups and downs and performance. Yes it needs all the revving it can get but there's more to it than peak tq and curve. Ever wonder why an M3 is neck to neck race to a stock 5.0 despite its lack in tq? Hell my 335i stock has a nicer curve than a E9x M3.

I do understand what you're trying to say, off the bat from a low roll it needs all the RPM it can get BUT from a strong launch its a whole different story despite its low tq.

kaz109

Established Member

Sounds like you not knowing how to drive the car is more the problem. Same ppl that think and talk like you are the same ppl I use to hear and still do hear talk about turbo lag on big turbo cars, when in actually its not a problem if you set the car up right and know how to drive your car. An E60 is down on tq but it has every other part of the equation going for it, sounds like you are a true American ....TQ= all that matters lol...if you know how to drive its not as big a fact as u make it out to be, same reason why the E92 M3 can keep up with and beat 5.bros, camaros which all have much larger displacement....notice how the CTS V needed a bigger motor and a SC to beat it lol

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I bought an Audi S4 through carmax and had their extended warranty. Used it on more than one occasion without any hassle. Definitely glad I had purchased it!

KILRSVT

Established Member
If it has smg god forbid something goes out on it .... Turns into a domino effect. Very expensive to repair. Also it's somewhat of a common issue for the oil pump to go out and take the motor with it due to cavitation as well as ruining the Vanos. Very expensive car to maintain, but very fun to drive I would own for 7 months then sell it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread