Connector on back of cylinder head

sassafras

Established Member
There is a connector on the back of head cylinder head. Is this an actual sensor or is it just a place where the wiring harness ties down to prevent it from moving?

sassafras

Established Member
I think with the picture I just answered my own question. It looks to me like it's just a connector that holds the wiring harness down. So hopefully it'll be ok if I'm not able to plug it back in.

30w4lt3.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are no wires at the rear of that connector, right? That would make sense if it is just a hold-down. If it's a connector, there would be wires/cable connected at the rear.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
That is definetly an electrical connection of some kind judging by the design of the latch with the lower groove and upper clip. just my .02

sassafras

Established Member
Thats a ground connection.

It's really flimsy and is only attached by what looks like a christmas tree plug. I would think if it were some sort of ground it would be more solidly attached to the head/motor. Plus there is one on the back side of each head, why would I need two separate grounds in the same wiring harness that close to each other?

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
well may just be a harness holder but i'm yet to see a harness that is heavy enough to need a holder run behind both heads of a mod motor

Users who are viewing this thread