Connecticut Cars and Coffee

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Its too bad there isn't a "real" Cars & Coffee type event open for all comers like they have in Boston. Hooters has parking for what 30 cars in Wethersfield? Manchester Hooters has parking for 100 plus an even bigger commuter lot a short walk away. Maybe someplace like Cabellas or at Evergreen could be convinced to allow a monthly gathering on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I've been out to a cruise-in at the Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro... 2000+ vehicles show up on a thursday night. You can spend the entire night walking the lot seeing everything from '27 T-Buckets to Ferrari's to rows of muscle cars.

Mike

Its really hard to find a spot to allow it.

Our 1st spot, in Woburn, we had 500 cars show up for cars and coffee once.

The place that was once cool with it, didnt want the liability any longer, and some of the people that came in to work on sundays (even though the place was closed) said that they couldnt find a parking spot.

So, we worked with Larz Anderson Auto Museum to get us a spot that worked. They already did car events, so it kind of made sense.

Good luck to the guys in CT setting this up, if you have any advice... feel free to reach out!

Chris
www.bostoncarsandcoffee.com

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
When something big happens in the Central CT area (Triangulate Bridgeport-Mystic-Hartford) on Saturdays or Sundays I'd get a bunch of the Lightning & Harley guys to go. Like to see how Gotham does as far as turnout as I can't make it this weekend with family plans in place.

Mike

JLD

Established Member
I talked to Adam from Gotham he said there is no caffeine & gasoline this weekend there will be another next month

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I'm in the waterbury/watertown area......count me in ! I'm sure other guys will chime in too. Id love to hang with other cobra people!

same here!

I still think the Berlin Turnpike in Newington is still one of the best get together spots

+1 on this...turnpike is the best/most central meet location. Large variety of cars as well...it pretty much is a cars and coffee in itself, just at night.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
same here!

+1 on this...turnpike is the best/most central meet location. Large variety of cars as well...it pretty much is a cars and coffee in itself, just at night.

Excellent sig. Picture . gonna have to make me one !

I never been up to the pike with my Mach 1. I was always a little cautious because of all the stories i hear about the cops.( maybe that because of the guys racing?)

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Excellent sig. Picture . gonna have to make me one !

I never been up to the pike with my Mach 1. I was always a little cautious because of all the stories i hear about the cops.( maybe that because of the guys racing?)

I made that for him if you're interested :pepper::pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread