Congrats jake !

ponynx

Established Member
everyone,
jake did what i did in 06 and made it to the finals in mod/comp . he walked away with the same amount of money too ! ( jake im glad you listened ha ha ha ) he lost to shane williams but a second is second and a payout is a payout .......hey jake congrats man on a job well done !!!!:beer: its not easy at all doing this but the feeling you get when your in a final round is like no other :banana: besides the 1250 bucks i bet jake is diggin the ffw event money winner sticker ! again jake great job !!!!:rockon::beer::rockon::beer:

Last edited:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
congrats again jake. i know i give you alot of shit for goin to the auto but it runs the number every time. good work.
p.s. i bet if you knew you were gonna win some money you wouldnt have slept in the truck !

88_Stanga

Established Member
good job jake. I saw you take down my buddy Gildo in his white fox shortly after talking to you in the tech lanes with Raul (gtmustang). Congrats!

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
Congrats Jake, Wish I got to see more of your passes... I only caught the last one.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
hey!! thanks everyone!!! was an awesome weekend...great weather...great cars...great people!!! met alot of new guys and learned how to ice a Cobra in 30 minutes.

the car was running good (except the 60 as usual) and pretty consistant.

first 2 time trial passes on saturday was a 10.90 and a 10.92 at 129. then we had to qualify and whatever we got they minused a tenth from your best time. my first pass i got out of it and it went 11.00@119. i figured that was good as it would give me a 10.90 dial in and in the heat with mild to hot motor/intercooler it seems to run in the 90's. then we had rain delay and the car sat for 4-5 hours. they called us for one last run and i decided to try again for light practice and get out of it again....and it went [email protected] now my dial in was 10.80. went through 5 bags of ice...had lots of time between runs too

sunday came...first eliminations agaist Dana...car was COLD....10.83@130 on my 10.80 dial in and a .03? light! back to the truck and had 3 bags of ice on it, running the fan etc etc. next round the car was a little warm and i knew it would be off. luckily cut a .015 light and the other guy was dogging...prob thought i was too as he passes me, then slowed and tried to catch me again. i went 10.90 @130 and won. back for 3 more bags of ice. semi finals i raced Mike from JAMS. he played catch up to me with his 10.60 and i beat him by about a foot with a 10.92@130 and a .02? light. final round was against Shane in his silver gt with blue tribal flames....open a Mustang mag...you'll see it under winner all the time...lol. awesome guy and i knew i was done for as he knocked me out 2 years ago in the 2nd round plus he is a FFW whore! anyways lost to him by .107. i cut a .058 light to his .006 (WOW) and went 10.99@129. car was HOT and i could feel it in the back half.

again..had a f*ckin BLAST and came away with some cash. prolly gonnna use it for a generator, some fans....and a bigger cooler for more ice!!!

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Jake, I assume this runs were just on the blower? Also what do use to cool the car down? I have my battery in the trunk , and use the super cooler.

BTW FORGOT TO SAY CONGRATS

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Jake, I assume this runs were just on the blower? Also what do use to cool the car down? I have my battery in the trunk , and use the super cooler.

BTW FORGOT TO SAY CONGRATS

yes...blower only

as of right now...cool down it fan on for 5-10 minutes so not to kill the battery and a few bags of ice...one on the blower...one on the plenum...i dump one into the intercooler res and circulate that to get some heat out and i dump in a whole bag right before i go up in the lanes.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Do you ever think about getting a Killer Chiller?

nope...no need to add stuff the very front of the car for one. ice does a great job with the ice box as long as you have enough. my first few passes my intercooler water temp was 65 degree's on an 85 degree day.

i have no a/c anyways!

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
yes...blower only

as of right now...cool down it fan on for 5-10 minutes so not to kill the battery and a few bags of ice...one on the blower...one on the plenum...i dump one into the intercooler res and circulate that to get some heat out and i dump in a whole bag right before i go up in the lanes.

Do you have the big intercooler res?

Users who are viewing this thread